Who else bought Titanfall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought it for PC, just finally got to start it today. So far I am loving it, but the matchmaking system makes things horribly lopsided at times. I have been pleasantly surprised at the performance on my system.

There's 3 expansion packs coming: one in the spring, one in the summer, one in the fall. Not many details yet, but apparently they are adding a lot of content.

Eh. Not worth $60 right now for me. I'm still having fun playing Planetside 2, and other games. Maybe when there is more content I'll look into it.

played the beta, amazing game, new concept but not worht 60 bucks.
To me nothing is worth that much.... I will never pay more than 45 for a game, waiting for a sale to come up and I will grab it.

I am a junior in Engineering so waiting is good choice all together lol. I dont even have summer off anymore.

Only game i paid 60 for was guildwars 2 and its because there is no monthly fee.

Last edited:
I have become a fan of using Steam.

It is a Valve downloader that is a Game Store.

They have tons of games on sale all the time to purchase.

If you are the type of person that likes to go and get deals on AAA titles by searching for them at electronics stores those days are coming to an end.

Titanfall looks like a good game, but I'd never buy it at that price.

I recently bought Borderlands 2 (excellent game) for something like 6$ off of Steam.

Now I am waiting for Thief to fall in price!

Anyway, my point is if you love AAA titles but don't want to pay 70$, you can get slightly older games on Steam for under 10$.

Falken, I have been using Steam religiously since it came out -- probably bought 50+ games on it. I like to grab the indie games too. Pretty amazing what $5-15 can get you. On occasion I grab some really old games from GOG.com (stuff I used to play 20 years ago) and waste time with those on the airplane or whatever. Last year I snagged the original Syndicate game for $5.

That being said, I still enjoy new releases but not feverishly. Titanfall is the first game since Mass Effect 3 that I bought on release day for full price. I felt the game was worth it and after getting hooked on the demo (which was disabled right before release day), I wanted to have it.

Most of the time I will wait for a game to be out 3-6 months and hit the $40 mark before buying. I did that with Skyrim and still haven't come close to "beating" it.

I am still on the fence with Titanfall. Paying full price for a game doesn't bother me, especially if I know I am going to invest 100+ hours on it over the course of a year. I played the beta and, I don't know, I think I was expecting more from the great return of West and Zampella.

I mean, when I played CoD4:MW for the first time, I was blown away. I didn't play many shooters and found them generally boring. MW changed that. It had an engaging story, with character development and a good plot. It was so much like a movie that you participated in. After the whole fallout with Activision and the creation of Respawn, I was expecting something to blow me away along the lines of MW. Titanfall just didn't do that.

A lot of that is probably just my own expectations. My high expectations were just setting the game up for failure in my mind. Plus, I am still very happy playing BF4, which is a massive time suck in itself.

That said, I will probably pick it up sometime in the fall. I still have BF4 to get bored with, plus I'd like to (finally) play through ME3 on Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back