Future of G-OIL and G.E.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just changed another of my vehicle's oil to G-OIL (5W-20) earlier today. Thus far, I've been impressed with their oil and other products (I've tried quite a few actually). But a quick look at their financials, and their stock just closed at its lowest ever: $.05/share.

I haven't been following oil companies nearly as long as many of you on this board, but I have to ask: is there any way G.E.T. can turn this around? I will continue to support them as long as they are viable, and I am hoping that they can survive and continue to make their products.

I predicted they would go out of business more than a year ago, but they are still alive and kicking. It seems like the only reason they are still around is because they keep borrowing more and more. I like their product as well, but I think they would do a lot better if they could get the price down to around $20-22 per 5QT jug.

I'm pretty stocked up with their oil in the weights I need, and I actually just bought more of their cleaning products as I'm running low. I really like their G-CLEAN All Purpose cleaner… it works really well!

I hope they don't fold. But I agree they need to rethink some strategies if they have any hope to remain viable. Given their Walmart strategy did not work, I think they might be better served trying to fill a niche role, or even going the MLM structure similar to what Amsoil uses. They need to think outside the box… they have great products!!

They will probably go under when Exide battery does....and they have had at least 2-3 lives so far.

I copied and pasted this from another BITOG thread. Sorry if I violated etiquette.

I have a funny feeling this company will do more than limp along. It is at the right place at the right time. Even if private industry balks at it, governments will put this company into the spotlight.

Green Earth Technologies Signs Consultant Agreement with MAHARG Holdings Corporation

As we know, it was added to the federal procurement list a while back.

On 12/23/13, SwedishRider wrote:
Quote:
But a quick look at their financials, and their stock just closed at its lowest ever: $.05/share.

I saw it closed at $.12 today. More than double from three months ago.

Yes, there has been a runup in the stock. Someone posted on a message board that there are rumors of restocking G-OIL in Walmart with a lower price point.

Something has to be happening for such a big move (in relative terms).

I certainly hope that they get new life. I recently turned 3 elder car mechanics onto this oil. They asked which Walmart I got it at. I take it they couldn't find it anymore and neither did I at any of the Walmarts I found it prior.

When it was nearly free to $10 after rebate, I was buying it every rebate chance I could get. Those days are gone, but if it's at Walmart at $19.99 for 5 QTs, I certainly will be buying it outright just to support the smaller oil guys. Big oil makes plenty enough money.

IIRC - their financial review was recently released and their long term outlook did not look very good. They were hemorrhaging money with their discounts and their operations costs an arm and a leg.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
If i could buy 5qts at walmart for $25, I'm there.

+1

If you can't find it on the shelves anywhere, how can they expect you to buy it and thus, how can they expect to stay in business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back