Oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
This gets discussed regularly here. The cost and poor filtering ability makes them a bad investment.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
This gets discussed regularly here. The cost and poor filtering ability makes them a bad investment.

I thought they would have a better flow rate vs paper filters.

flow rate yes, but not FILTERING, aka catching particles. also the cleaning looks to be a major PITA vs installing a new spin-on, or cartridge.
not to mention the cost. when i looked at these, it was the cost equivalent of like 60 standard filters (I don't remember exact numbers, but it was up there)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: earlyre
flow rate yes, but not FILTERING, aka catching particles. also the cleaning looks to be a major PITA vs installing a new spin-on, or cartridge.
not to mention the cost. when i looked at these, it was the cost equivalent of like 60 standard filters (I don't remember exact numbers, but it was up there)

$30-$40 for the ss filters. I will stick with the cartrige.
Thanks for the input.

Originally Posted By: Dean85
Originally Posted By: Bandito440

I thought they would have a better flow rate vs paper filters.

Window screening used as filter media would have great flow but catch next to nothing.

Originally Posted By: Dean85
Originally Posted By: earlyre

$30-$40 for the ss filters. I will stick with the cartrige.
Thanks for the input.

didn't notice this was in the PS section... I have only looked at them for Cars.
been a couple years since i looked, but the one the Neon is Currently $230.99, or to put it another way, 42 PL10241's.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=SS-1002

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back