Roush Fenway Racing/ EcoPower Announce Partnership

Status
Not open for further replies.
EcoPower joins Roush; will sponsor Stenhouse, Jr.

Fresh off its one-two finish at Bristol Motor Speedway last weekend, Roush Fenway Racing announced a multi-year team-wide partnership with Safety-Kleen and its premium re-refined motor oil brand, EcoPower. EcoPower will serve as the official oil partner of NASCAR's winningest team, as well as the primary sponsor for multiple races with the #17 Sprint Cup Ford and driver Ricky Stenhouse Jr. The #17 EcoPower Ford Fusion will make its debut at Michigan International Speedway in June. EcoPower re-refined oil helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions by up to 80%. And it requires up to 85% less energy to produce than oil made from virgin crude, because it has already been refined. It also helps reduce America's dependence on foreign oil. Safety-Kleen is a founding partner of NASCAR Green; an initiative focused on making NASCAR the greenest sport. Safety-Kleen collects all used fluids from the tracks during race weekends - and from most team facilities year round - and then recycles or responsibly disposes of those fluids. The used motor oil collected from all of these sources, including RFR's race cars, will find its way back into EcoPower.(Roush Fenway Racing)(3-20-2014)

Sounds like Safety Kleen is keeping the racing oils separate and re-refining them to go to RFR. So they're basically getting M1 and Pennzoil and whatever other racing oils are in the garage area rerefined and sent to them basically free of charge. Good way to reduce your racing budget.

exactly!!!

when i dump my oil from my race bike (various) and truck (PU or PP) i sometimes wonder if autozone knows how good the recycle oil is i am giving them?

i change oil in my race bike every 3-5hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back