Lawsuit Against Purulator......

Status
Not open for further replies.
These filter failures are getting out of hand. I am currently in law school and feel their is enough to get a class action against Purulator.
We at BITOG, represent probably 10% at most. Yet if enough cut open filters can be presented there is a case. Right not I would trust the FRAM Orange Circle Of Death before a classic. Enough is enough, ig ig you have a Purulator get a refund or even toss it. The classic or the PureOne have fell off. They are literally feeling a coupe. Let the FRAM movement come in. The tough guard was ALWAYS a quality filter and the ULTRA is the best. I rest my case.

Usually people have to die for there to be a class action lawsuit.

Nobody's gonna die from a poor quality oil filter; the engine might though.
grin2.gif

Unless you can demonstrate that media tearing has lead to catastrophic engine damage or failure, you do not have a leg to stand on. There are no "damages" to speak of that I am aware of. Would you sue a manufacturer because their anti-drainback valve hardened and stopped working after 5000 miles, leading to startup noise, but no measurable engine damage? The easy answer is, no.
Working with the manufacturer to seek compensation is a better route to go. Give them an opportunity to correct issues. If they don't, find another favorite filter. We have the power as consumers to motivate companies by making purchasing decisions. Frivolous lawsuits will not solve any problems.

Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
These filter failures are getting out of hand. I am currently in law school and feel their is enough to get a class action against Purulator.
We at BITOG, represent probably 10% at most. Yet if enough cut open filters can be presented there is a case. Right not I would trust the FRAM Orange Circle Of Death before a classic. Enough is enough, ig ig you have a Purulator get a refund or even toss it. The classic or the PureOne have fell off. They are literally feeling a coupe. Let the FRAM movement come in. The tough guard was ALWAYS a quality filter and the ULTRA is the best. I rest my case.

C-

Go for it. I sure all these nasty torn oil filters has made Chicago the (edit - mod) that it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
the only person that EVER makes money on a class action is the lawyer. (like 30% off the top) then the remainder gets broken down amongst the "little people", who get about enough money to buy a Purolator classic

Originally Posted By: Pablo

C-

:lol:

I sure hope that no public money (at least any that I had to help pay in to) was used for your schooling or tuition.

Usually I encourage folks to go to/stay in school but there is always the exception to any rule I guess. WOW!
33.gif

BTW - who is this Purulator company you speak of? Do you by chance mean Purolator? If you are going to file a class action law suit you really need to get the name of the company you are going to sue right. Should be one of the things they teach you in law school.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Usually I encourage folks to go to/stay in school but there is always the exception to any rule I guess. WOW!
33.gif

Alcohol could be involved.

Quote:
They are literally feeling a coupe.

I think I went out with that girl in high school!

Originally Posted By: fonecord2
Probably $1 draft nite a the local college bar.

Probably too young to get in so there will be a class action lawsuit against that.

It always a good idea to identify the issue to the company and see how they respond before trying to involve others; for all we know they might be working on the fix now.

I don't want someone serving me papers on behalf of my neighbor when all he wanted me to do was move my car.

I tend to use lawyers for the important stuff, like I just found of juicy fruit gum doesn't actually contain fruit.

Spelling, grammar, sentence structure, not. Is this how the legal brief will be composed when he/she files the lawsuit?

D

The defective filters were found after several were opened in garages and work benches using pipe cutters and can openers. Even the dialogue with the pictures says "don't worry, those jagged edges were a result of the hacksaw."
I'm not sure Purolator thinks a filter opened with a hacksaw is done under controlled conditions and feels liable for whatever comes out of the can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back