Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for opinions on which oil would be best for an 85 Honda Big Red 250, M1 0w-30, 0w-40 or Rotella t6. Trans and engine share oil. It is a shaft drive, so would it have a wet clutch or gears transferring power to the drive shaft.
Thanks.

Regular Rotella T Triple 15w-40 unless you're using it in the winter and storing it in an unheated area. In that case, use T6 for better cold starting.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Regular Rotella T Triple 15w-40 unless you're using it in the winter and storing it in an unheated area. In that case, use T6 for better cold starting.

It is stored outside and I generally do not use it when temps are below 10 degrees. I use t6 in my mowers and M1 0w-30 in the vehicles. I was wanting to have just one brand of oil in the garage for everything. How does M1 5w-40 compare to t6?

Another vote for T6. Are you asking about M1 Turbo Diesel Truck, which is 5W40? If so, I'm still voting for T6 even though M1 TDT is a good product.

T6 and Mobil 1 TDT will probably perform similarity in your trike. If you're already using T6 in other equipment, go for it.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
If you're already using T6 in other equipment, go for it.

+1

Mobil 1 0W-40 won't hurt either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back