cz-usa owners out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first handgun I've ever bought was a cz40b made in 2001.

Love the gun to death, in the hunt for a cz p01

I carry the 40b as much as possible, just seeing how many cz owners are out there

The first handgun I ever bought was CZ P-01. I still have it and carry it to this day. I have almost 5,000 rounds through it and love it. I did replace the sights, recoil spring, grips and magazine springs but otherwise it is bone stock and I have never had a malfunction with it. I also really like the SP-01, P-09, Rami and the CZ Rifles, they are all excellent. I will one day own a custom SP-01 tactical but I havent had the time or funds for it the past few years.

I recently bought a CZ P-09, and love it:

BITOG thread

My friend liked it so much, he went out and bought a CZ 75 PCR. I love the feel of his gun, but we both actually shoot my P-09 better (stands to reason, with the longer barrel). I think the P-09 I bought is a fantastic value; I paid $499 for it. Holds 19+1 of 9mm, excellent CZ ergonomics and reliability, and it shoots dead-nuts accurate. Hard to beat that.

I wish CZ would get into the pocket carry market and field a thin single stack 9mm. My next purchase will be a thin single stack 9, and will likely be a Kel-Tec PF-9. Would love to have a super-thin CZ though.

Its funny, my buddy and myself went shooting, he's got a $1600 timber 1911 thingy, all stainless, laser grip, shiny, sparkly, and he had 3/4issues with his when we were out...

From carrying it often, his barrel was rusting (stainless gun, steel barrel) [censored]?????????

I polished it with the buffing wheel and we think that may help...

I paid $500for my 40b and it was barter for dog sitting, handshake deal, also, got 300$$$$$ of ammo with it so im not at all complaining...

My (average) priced gun worked flawlessly, and, my buddy,

SHOOTS MY GUN BETTER THEN HIS OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see we have cz owners out there. I want a p01 badly

I had a CZ40b for a while and have one of their 712 Shotguns. Love CZ products. Saving up for a CZ75BD and want a 550 Safari in 375 H&H

Just ordered a CZ 550 American rifle in .270 Win. CZ discontinued the 550 American for model year 2014, so if you're thinking about one of these, you might want to start looking. Thier walnut stocks are top notch and they're well respected for accuracy and a quality, Mauser style controlled feed action.

Originally Posted By: leroyd92
My first handgun I've ever bought was a cz40b made in 2001.

Love the gun to death, in the hunt for a cz p01

I carry the 40b as much as possible, just seeing how many cz owners are out there

I have two CZ pistols in 9mm. Excellent quality but I just haven't shot them in years.

Durango

I had a CZ-75B and it was OK. It didn't have a decocker, so that was a deal breaker (I know the CZ-75BD model comes with a decocker)

To me they are OK guns, but I would much rather have a Glock, Smith & Wesson, Sig or a Beretta for a combat hand gun.

I also find them to be more expensive than necessary, probably because of the exchange rate.

I dont really collect guns or want to buy a bunch of them.... id love to get a few rifles for my misc uses for them, and i want to get a p01 along with a stainless 75b. After that, im done, i can die happy =)

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
I also find them to be more expensive than necessary, probably because of the exchange rate.

The value of the P-09 is one of the things that drew me to it, actually. I was shopping it and something like a Glock 17 or 19. Both are super reliable, and seemed about equivalent there. Actually, to be fair, the P-09 is quite a bit newer, but as CZ's reliablilty as a whole is extremely good, I expect no less from the P-09. But a new G17 or G19 is well into the $500-700 range. The P-09 is at least as cheap ($499), and comes with two factory 19 round magazines and backstraps and everything else that a Glock or similar has.

This isn't a CZ vs. anyone else post, but more to your comment about the CZ's value. I actually thought the P-09 is a lot of gun for the money. And the P-09 (and P-07) are CZ's polymer pistols, and are going to be the most comparable to other popular polymer models Glock, Smith M&P, Springfield XD, etc. I was quite impressed with the attention to detail on the CZ P-09...things like quality of machining under the rail, polishing on the feed ramp, etc.

It strikes me that the gun should cost more, not less.

The Czech Republic runs on the same currency as the Austrians, Italians, and Germans do so the exchange rate is going to be the same compared to Austrian Glocks and Steys, Italian Berettas, and German made Walthers, ect.

I think cz guns overall are often a bargain. Compare a CZ to something all steel coming out of FN/Browning in Europe like a Hi Power in price. You get a lot of gun for the cash.

I have a new CZ-83 and a surplus CZ-82 with its original Zili Praha police holster. They are awesome shooters with good magazine capacity. The CZ-82 is chambered in 9x18 Makarov and has a chrome-lined polygon barrel. The CZ-83 is a .380.

Originally Posted By: ethangsmith
I have a new CZ-83 and a surplus CZ-82 with its original Zili Praha police holster. They are awesome shooters with good magazine capacity. The CZ-82 is chambered in 9x18 Makarov and has a chrome-lined polygon barrel. The CZ-83 is a .380.

I have a cz 82 as well. Great little weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back