Genuine Honda A02 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This showed up today in the "can"..came off a customers honda 24hp gx series vtwin pressure washer that is used daily...has over a year of use with 10w30 conventional oil..this is the same filter most honda cars use and pretty sure the current oem filter that the dealer sells/uses.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Looks great. Any idea how many miles?

Probably less than a mile or two. I know I try to keep hauling around a pressure washer to a minimum!

^^
grin2.gif

A02 Honeywell owned Fram made in CA is no more. Now Rank Fram made in the US.

Originally Posted By: anonobomber

Probably less than a mile or two. I know I try to keep hauling around a pressure washer to a minimum!

Ha ha funny missed part of the original post, about the time I get to "Honda" I tune out. Genetic bias.
laugh.gif

Just looked....No...those look like holes but are actually spot weld marks..there is 2 layers of metal there...the area that the backside of the gasket contacts is solid...and its an oring with a lip on it...kinda teardropped shaped..the lip is jammed down in the plate on its inner edge to hold it in.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: anonobomber

crackmeup2.gif

DSparks, thanks for cutting several oil filters the last few days.

This Honda oil filter looks solid. The fiber end caps looks thicker than Fram Extra Guard, the media is thick evenly spaced and many pleats.

Looking at the filter media it's hard to believe that the efficiency is in the 60's percentage as post by someone few weeks ago.

Originally Posted By: Donald
The ADBV is easy to tell, but why do you believe its synthetic media ?

Because of the little "carpet fibers" I see on the pleats.

And I hope you don't mind me editing your post.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
That looks like synthetic media with a silicone ADBV.

Its basically a FRAM Tough Gaurd 7317 correct?

Originally Posted By: David1
Its basically a FRAM Tough Gaurd 7317 correct?

If by "basically" you mean it 'looks' similar ie., it also has a silicone adbv and similar construction, then yes very basically.

If by basically you mean same efficiency, then "basically" not at all. A02 tested ~66%@20um, TG rated 99%>20um.

eao_efficiency_500px.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back