Oil drain angle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried a quick search...was a little too cumbersome.

Anyways, these are likely easy questions.

Any DIY Impreza oil changers out there? First question is probably more general: If I ramp up the front end of the car will all the oil drain out of the pan? Or does it need to be level for a complete drain?

Second, will the ramps work (clearance) for the Impreza Sport Limited with the spoilers?

I'm not new to oil changes, but this is the first car I've had to raise. I'm coming from a 2010 Xterra OR and a 2004 Tacoma SR5/TRD before that, and I was skinny enough to slide under those without jack stands/ramps.

Thanks!

Where is the drain plug located? Does it face towards the rear of the car?

For example, in my car, the drain plug faces the FRONT. Therefore, the oil does not completely drain out! I have to lower the car back down for it to drain another half quart of used oil, which my car has a capacity of 3.5 quarts, so that's a good bit of used oil.

If yours faces the rear, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Originally Posted By: thunderfog
Tried a quick search...was a little too cumbersome.

Anyways, these are likely easy questions.

Any DIY Impreza oil changers out there? First question is probably more general: If I ramp up the front end of the car will all the oil drain out of the pan? Or does it need to be level for a complete drain?

Second, will the ramps work (clearance) for the Impreza Sport Limited with the spoilers?

I'm not new to oil changes, but this is the first car I've had to raise. I'm coming from a 2010 Xterra OR and a 2004 Tacoma SR5/TRD before that, and I was skinny enough to slide under those without jack stands/ramps.

Thanks!

I changed the oil on a 2014 forester a while back. It was on the side of the pan facing the passenger tire and angled down slightly. My outback is the same way. the filter is up top so youre good on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back