PurePlus has a website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have not seen this posted before...

http://pureplus.pennzoil.com/

Not much there currently. Seems to be some kind of a marketing co-op with Super Mario video game.
smile.gif
Looks like more content is "coming April 2014."

They do feature this video though...

Well, let's not call it a dud just yet, before actual results are in.

At least SOPUS is starting to up their marketing efforts and is improving their products' availability at retail level. That's a welcome change.

Maybe this natural gas oil will finally wake up those who to this day think Pennzoil contains paraffin wax, If they market it the right way.

Looking forward to the new products..although we may have been getting GTL in Pennzoil Ultra for the past few months. Pennzoil engineers don't give credit to the Fischer-Tropsch process and refer to the development over the "last 40 years"..correctly it would be the last 74 years and Germany in WW2

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
What are they using the humidifier for in the video?

LOL! I was wondering the same thing. Makes their lab look very hi-tech.
smile.gif

It's one of the best oils on the market. Possibly the best overall.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Yea! Thanks for the find.

But the shame is it seems that the new Pennzoil synthetic lineup is a downgrade.

Well there is PDf of the new platinum with the GTL base oil out in 5w30, the specs all seem better than the old platinum.

Pennzoil/Shell, trying to brainwash people into thinking all base oils from crude are like a muddy river… has anyone seen Group2 base stock oil? It is crystal clear like water, not like a muddy river. And anyway, as soon as you put clean fresh oil into an engine, it is contaminated as soon as the engine is turned on. PurePlus is nothing but hype.

They could sure refine a lot of that new oil with the 'natural gas' in our home
laugh.gif

I wonder why they don't show a Yaris L 1NZ-FE in that video?
27.gif

Originally Posted By: LoveOil
Pennzoil/Shell, trying to brainwash people into thinking all base oils from crude are like a muddy river… has anyone seen Group2 base stock oil? It is crystal clear like water, not like a muddy river. And anyway, as soon as you put clean fresh oil into an engine, it is contaminated as soon as the engine is turned on. PurePlus is nothing but hype.

Have you seen Pennzoil's advertising when they marketed Pure Base? It showed group II base stocks which are clear compared to the competitors at the time using group I which was not clear.

I still think their advertising does not really do anything for the average customer. He says, "I have been using "Brand X" for years, car runs quite well and I get good meileage. What on earth will cleaner pistons do for me? Will it help mileage? Longevity?" Tell the customer something that relates to their everyday experience.

I have used Mobil 1 in all my vehicles for many years. They all run just fine, get excellent mileage and appear super clean through the fill hole. What are "cleaner pistons" going to do for me?

I used Pennzoil Ultra SM 5W-20 during the first 75K miles in my FX4. TBT, I was not overly impressed with it. MS5K turned numbers that were close (if not better in a few UOAs) than PU. M1 AFE created a better UOA than PU ever did. Just my opinion, but unless this new formulation is a magical blend, I see nothing to overly excited about.

Pennzoil show in their video, how much more cleaner the pistons are compared to Mobil, Valvoline and Castrol... I wonder if all that extra cleaner (Calcium and/or Magnesium) is fighting the anti-wear additives.

Originally Posted By: Boomer

I have used Mobil 1 in all my vehicles for many years. They all run just fine, get excellent mileage and appear super clean through the fill hole. What are "cleaner pistons" going to do for me?

Reduce the probability of detonation and preignition as the engine ages. Keep the piston ring band cleaner, improving ring effectiveness in sealing the cylinder.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Well, let's not call it a dud just yet, before actual results are in.

At least SOPUS is starting to up their marketing efforts and is improving their products' availability at retail level. That's a welcome change.

I will wait few months to see if all grades are available at local retail stores and Walmart before I give them credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back