Carl Edwards wins Bristol. Thanks EcoPower oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
EcoPower

Carl Edwards" I’ve got to thank Kellogg’s, they stick with me – Fastenal. Jimmy Fennig made some calls. Subway, Aflac, UPS, Sprint, the Eco Power oil, Wiley X, Cessna, New Holland.”

Also from Ricky Stenhouse 2nd place "The Eco Power oil was getting a little hot under cautions there, but everything held together and we were able to come home with our first top five of the year. Hopefully, we can keep that going.”

NASCAR had to finish this race on Sunday.

Six inches of snow on the way,

Would have been funny to see a snow plow out with the air dryers....

Originally Posted By: johnnydc
Why do I see Mobil 1 on the front fenders then? I'm confused.

Mobil 1 is the "official" oil of Nascar. They put decals for a lot of companies who sponsor Nascar, (maybe not just a particular race team) to earn contingency money besides the companies they use. Put on the decal, get paid a certain amount of money. When a conflict occurs between products the race teams use and "official" sponsors of Nascar, the race teams will not use certain products decals. . I believe the contingency decal package is almost standard issue for most race teams.

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Originally Posted By: johnnydc
Why do I see Mobil 1 on the front fenders then? I'm confused.

Mobil 1 is the "official" oil of Nascar. They put decals for a lot of companies who sponsor Nascar, (maybe not just a particular race team) to earn contingency money besides the companies they use. Put on the decal, get paid a certain amount of money. When a conflict occurs between products the race teams use and "official" sponsors of Nascar, the race teams will not use certain products decals. . I believe the contingency decal package is almost standard issue for most race teams.

I understand the official oil thing. But if you look at the cars that have major oil sponsors like Hendrick and Penske, You don't see Mobil 1 on the fenders.

As I mentioned sometimes there are conflicts. Hendicks just signed a huge Valvoline deal, Penske is with Shell. Possibly Eco Power is just being tried out or they don't have big money yet, so RFR is getting a few more bucks by having a M1 decal on their car.???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back