2011 Buick Regal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brothers inlaws are getting ready to bring back there leased car.2011 Buick regal CXL with 8000 miles.The buyout is $13700.No turbo and just with standard options.Whats your thoughts on the car and price.The car is showroom condition and garage kept.

Originally Posted By: salv
It is built on a Daewoo platform with Chinese built motors. I hate the direction GM has gone on their cars.

I looked at these cars in 2011 and almost bought one. Very impressive ride and handling. My understanding is that it's an Opel design and was so well received in Europe it won the European COTY award in 2009. Some were made in Russelheim Germany and some in Canada. I made be wrong but thought the 2.4 ecotec motor was made in the U.S. In my area the KBB value on trade-in now would be about 15,000 so I think that's a very fair price for a car they know is well cared for and with so few miles.

Sounds like a nice car for the price, really low mileage and you know the previous owner.:)
Make sure the warranty tranfers.
I remember this car coming with a Chinese transmission when it was introduced. Not saying that's a bad thing necessarily but something new. Maybe ask a local Buick service mgr. if there have been any problems with these?

The warranty does tranfer and is good for 4 years 50,000 miles so still will have 12 months left.My concern also is sales taxes.The Bros.inlaws have to buy the car out and pay sales taxes. Then I guess I have to buy the car from them including the sales taxes they paid and then again pay sales taxes when i go register the car.

It is based on the Opel Insignia which has a reputation for being a good well built car.
This sounds like a good price and you know the car well which is a huge plus point and definitely adds value in your favor.

MA has a form for sales tax exemption between family members maybe yours has something similar.

Originally Posted By: Trav
It is based on the Opel Insignia which has a reputation for being a good well built car.
This sounds like a good price and you know the car well which is a huge plus point and definitely adds value in your favor.

MA has a form for sales tax exemption between family members maybe yours has something similar.

My used car philosophy: Used car HISTORY is just as important as pedigree

It could be a Honda Civic but if its been trashed, its still trash.

Car should have been made in Germany. Seems like the turbo models mostly are from Canada. Engine was probably built in Spring Hill TN at the former Saturn plant and the trans may have been from Korea.

Originally Posted By: nickaluch
My brothers inlaws are getting ready to bring back there leased car.2011 Buick regal CXL with 8000 miles.The buyout is $13700.No turbo and just with standard options.Whats your thoughts on the car and price.The car is showroom condition and garage kept.

If they / you really like it, a 2011 Buick, well maintained for $13,700 with 8,000 miles? What's not to like. BTW, sometimes you can negotiate some off that buyout.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: nickaluch
The warranty does tranfer and is good for 4 years 50,000 miles so still will have 12 months left.My concern also is sales taxes.The Bros.inlaws have to buy the car out and pay sales taxes. Then I guess I have to buy the car from them including the sales taxes they paid and then again pay sales taxes when i go register the car.

You go with them and buy it from the dealer right there. It can be worked out. The GM drivetrain warranty should be 5-100,000

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: salv
It is built on a Daewoo platform with Chinese built motors. I hate the direction GM has gone on their cars.

Where do people get this stuff? I had a guy try to comvince me that my Cadillac was made in china too. It is made in the US, the tranny is GM Europe and electronics are probably from Asia. That makes it 75% American. Some people read that Buick and Cadillac sell well in china and GM opened plants there for that market. As always the stories change as they go along. Last I saw as I was considering a Regal, you can specify if you want the German or Canadian model. Add the US now I believe.

The Buick Regal is based on the Opel/Vauxhall Insignia platform as mentioned.

Which was designed and engineered for the European market, released for sale late 2008/early 2009.

The only real issues have been related to the diesel engines.

A much better looking car than the Mondeo but struggled to sell in the same numbers initially.

A modified version of the Insignia was the basis for the new Saab 95. But sadly that car was released to early and had quality issues and consigned Saab to history.

I would have no hesitation in recommending an Insignia or Regal.

I actually prefer the looks of the Regal. Though the mild Insignia facelift has improved the Insignia greatly.

I would rather have a Regal built in Germany.

The window sticker said the trans was made in China, that's how people get this stuff.
I was at my Pontiac/Buick dealer when this car came out. I was waiting for a ride after dropping my car off and a couple were on the lot. I read the sticker. Salesman came out thinking I was looking for a car and I asked him about the Chinese trans. He shrugged his shoulders and said things come from all over the world these days. Said the drivetrain carries the full warranty so it must be OK.
Find a site that has the window sticker available and this can be put to rest. The automatic is made in China, the manual is from Germany from what I remember.
That said, it would be tough to find another car this nice for the price.
There are forums for everything these days. Find a Buick or Regal forum and do some research on reliability for the 2011.

That's a steal for $13,700! I owned a 2011 and it was a really nice car. Very well built and solid, quiet inside, great ride and handling. I wished the 2.4 put out a bit more power, but it was adequate.

At $13,700 you can buy it and drive it for a couple years, then sell it for what you paid for it!

Nickaluch,

Yes, I purchased a 2011 CXL with the NA (non-turbo, I mean) 2.4L engine in January. We're coming up on 90 days together, so I was going to post my 3-month review of the car early next month. It's been a solid little beast. "Little," you understand, is relative; I came from an '03 Buick Park Avenue, so almost any modern car would seem small in comparison; but it's about the size of a BMW 3- or 5-series.

Everything's been fine with it, no squeaks or rattles. The seat heater misbehaved one cool night, so the dealer replaced the heating element under warranty. Mine had about 8000 miles of factory warranty, and as a CPO car included up to 4 oil changes and tire rotations. I get about 23 mpg overall, 70% city driving, regular gas. I'm enjoying the car quite a bit: I take a 3-mile-longer route to work in the morning to get in some more highway time!

By the way, there is a Buick Forum for the Regal: http://buickforums.com/forums/forums/99-2011-Buick-Regal-Regal-GS-Forum There's a metric ton of GS and Turbo owners there, but NA drivers are welcome too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back