PUE 5w-40 .. 13,425

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I can tell you I ran this oil HARD. This oil did everything from Idle for 2 hours at the time (Long nights with the lady by the river haha) and a lean condition that the ECU was compensating for. Hard long curvy roads at high speed, Hot days at the end of summer, to the coldest we had here this winter in NC. Also quite a few long trips on the highway as well. This car has been ran every way shape, form, and scenario you can imagine over those 13,500 miles. and most of the time, not very gently. (btw, I think my math was off. It was actually closer to 13,750 on the oil) With the way I drive and the length of time the oil was in, the wear levels dont surpise me.

Im impressed with Ultra Euro. Im going to stock up on this to give me some time to see how the replacement products from Pennzoil will Fair. I will also probably shorten up to 12,500 but that's mainly just to give me some cushion on my TBN and my timing. I might also change the filter half way through next time. Carry over Oil was GC 5-40

You'll have one more report to enjoy 6 months from now before the v8 swap
smile.gif

408972053.jpg

Originally Posted By: oliveoil
Where was the oil on the dip stick at time of the change? Is this the little turbo engine? Thanks for posting.

No, it's an NA I-6. Note that his report says 04 325ci, which was before they shifted everything to FI.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M54

well.. that's a little tricky, the car calls for 7, but I put an eighth quart in it one time on a trip (thinking it was a little low on the stick) and it didn't even move. sump is so big I guess. I only know it was low because only 6.5 drained out of the engine and 7 went in. Guess that's not to bad considering only a half quart over almost 14k miles.

Correct, it is a non turbo car. I had pennzoil ultra in my ecoboost as well, but the Ex took that POS with her. lol.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: oliveoil
Where was the oil on the dip stick at time of the change? Is this the little turbo engine? Thanks for posting.

No, it's an NA I-6. Note that his report says 04 325ci, which was before they shifted everything to FI.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M54

for brevity they never shifted "everything" to forced induction. they still have NA cars. for those that dont know the BMW numbering system is the model/engine size. so 325 is a 3 series with 2.5 engine, x35 is a specific series designation with a twin turbo engine. and the 45/50 are v8 models. Im not sure if there is any FI v8s. They started the turbos with the e90/92 series cars i believe.

Originally Posted By: MotorsportsX
they still have NA cars.

Not anymore. All currently offered BMWs in the US have turbo engines.

Up until The F30 model there were NA I6s but in the US BMW will skew the numbering to not impact things (eg: the 335 engine is still a 3.0L, but its 'bigger' then the N5x 330 they had a few years past due to the turbo (twin N54, single N55). US consumers are so into being better then the neighbor they are catering
smile.gif

With the F30 the 320 and 328 now are turbo i-4s. The NA I6 does seem to be dying in the US product line, and that is quite sad.

Given MPG and emissions restrictions we may never see one again. That is even more sad.

- b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back