BEST AUTO GLASS cleaner??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have factory "stuff" and a variety of spray sealants/waxes on my glass. To the point of my windscreen making night driving no darn fun. I have not cleaned it yet with any purposeful glass cleaners, just a strong scrub with car wash soap (Wax as U Wash!)with a rougher microfiber towel when I do my normal wash. Sure it looks physically clean and wipers don't chatter, but there is a coating on the glass.

I know - NO INDUSTRIAL AMMONIA cleaners. Only car safe glass cleaner.

OK - What do you recommend?

When I had my windshield replaced last fall, I asked the glass guy what the trick to cleaning glass is. He told me the biggest mistake is that people do not turn the cloth enough when cleaning the glass. Use a big microfibre towel (he likes the rough waffle-weave ones) and fold to a clean section very often. He said the specific chemical doesn't matter much.

I've since started following his advice and my windows have never looked better.

This may be of some help to get your windows truly clean:

I like Eagle One 20/20 Glass Cleaner, but I'm curious to see the responses to this thread to find out if there have been some good products introduced more recently.

I just use the Stoners Invisible Glass Cleaner because its available at one of my regular stops at a good price and safe for tint.
There's another (think its called Sparkle) that seems popular but I haven't tried it yet.

add - I use the spray cans, not the pump bottle.

Last edited:
My favorite so far is Rain-X window cleaner which is around $3(no ammonia). I prefer it over Invisible Glass since it seems to streak more and has a strong scent that makes me cough. Sparkle is ok and better than Windex imo. It's around $2 a bottle.

I want to try Meguiars glass cleaner concentrate. Which comes in a gallon for $20. Then you dilute it down which makes a ton of cleaner.

Sprayway has had excellent reports as well.

Best glass cleaner I've ever used, hands down.

http://www.amazon.com/Sprayway-Glass-Cle...y+glass+cleaner

300.jpg

the only ones that seem to work well for me are ol' blue ammonia-containing formulas (still available- Walgreens house brand has ammonia), OR "Invisible Glass," especially their pre-loaded towelettes. I carry a container of Invisible Glass towelettes in every car now, plus a few of those blue paper shop towels to go over it after the towelettes.

That's the only thing that seems to cut the funk that comes out of the new plastic for a few years without streaking. At least for me. I've tried using wadded up newspaper too, and its certainly better than a plain paper towel. Heaven forbid you ever use a cotton or microfibre towel that's been through the washer after a load that used any kind of fabric softener!

I have a ton of CarPro Ceriglass and I can definitely send you some. While it is not a glass cleanear, it'll definitely get all of the crud off in one sitting.

Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21
Originally Posted By: SF0059
Try taking a clay bar to your glass, that should clean it up in a jiff...

Yea I've done this before.

I might try this one this weekend

Originally Posted By: The Critic
I have a ton of CarPro Ceriglass and I can definitely send you some. While it is not a glass cleanear, it'll definitely get all of the crud off in one sitting.

That's cerium oxide, which is good at polishing out very fine scratches and hiding pits. You don't want to use it very often, but it is extremely effective.

I like windows to be perfectly clear, without even a trace of haze or that obnoxious "film" that accumulates on the inside glass of a car from the vinyl fumes or the greasy, road film that accumulates on the outside. Perfect Glass is the only stuff I have found that will really get that film off and leave the windows sparkling clean. I cleaned the rear window of our Acura MDX one time about 6 times with Windex and other products and none of them took the road film off--you could still see some haze. Only Perfect Glass took it off. That's all I use now for both the car and at home. Fabulous product. Only place I know to get it is Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Originally Posted By: Darren270
Quote:
Best glass cleaner I've ever used, hands down.

http://www.amazon.com/Sprayway-Glass-Cle...y+glass+cleaner

When I worked as a Glazier, that was the stuff we used. It was so good, customers would come to the shop just to buy a few cans of it. They even had to lock it up as employees were constantly taking cans of it home.

I was introduced to it when I worked at a Chevrolet dealership taking care of the lot and prepping cars for delivery, we had to keep it locked up as well.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: The Critic

That's cerium oxide, which is good at polishing out very fine scratches and hiding pits. You don't want to use it very often, but it is extremely effective.

I've polished out fingernail deep scratches with it using Rayon pads and a rotary.
56.gif

From what I've seen, the abrasives in the Ceriglass will remove ANY film on glass. If you use it with a softer foam applicators, I do not see any reason why you cannot use it on a regular basis to "deep clean" the windshield. The applicator you use will determine the amount of cut that you get from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back