Oriellys Microgard 51372 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
2006 F150 4.6, bought last summer used with 112K...used to be a fleet truck from local municipality here in south texas. has 125K now.. This filter has approx 6K on it with conventional 10w30 fleet oil. Engine runs great but uses about 1/2 qt per 1000 miles, no smoke no funny noises.
Pretty sure this is the newer WIX made filter.

Last edited:
I see an MC filter in the background so assume that's going to be installed. What oil are you putting in?

Originally Posted By: Doog
That's what happens when you use those old technology metal end caps.

LOL Sorry, but that made me laugh
11.gif

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
I see an MC filter in the background so assume that's going to be installed. What oil are you putting in?

That is another filter I cut open and posted also yesterday..here is the oil we use in all of our trucks. All ford 4.2 v6's, 4.6 2v, 5.4 2v and 5.4 3v engines..... also goes in all of the honda,briggs and kohler engines we use and service in our shop..hope this link works

we use the 10w30, was reccomended by the royalmfg rep a few years ago when we started using it. We got tired of running down the street to AZ or Oriellys everytime we needed oil so we buy a drum of this every month or so now.

http://www.royalmfg.com/filesSite/productPDFs/RoyalSuperSelectMultigrade_pds1.pdf

Last edited:
All I see is waviness. What didn't you like about it?

As always, thanks for cutting and posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back