Fram Air Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mclasser
Not a fan of their oil filters, but have no problems with their air filters.

Same here. I won't use a Fram oil filter on a bet but I will use their air filters. I admit I look for something else first but if Fram is all they have or it is like $5+ cheaper I use it without any hesitation. Seems like Fram cabin air filters are all I can ever find in stock so I use those.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

Same here. I won't use a Fram oil filter on a bet but I will use their air filters.

The Fram Ultra oil filter is top notch actually. Many "anti-Fram" guys will use the Ultra.

Same here. I won't use a Fram oil filter on a bet but I will use their air filters.

I tend to have to get my Fram air filters for the G by special order. I actually used Wix last time, though, since they were in stock, and that's the only time I've ever found air filters for the G on the shelf anywhere here.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

The Fram Ultra oil filter is top notch actually. Many "anti-Fram" guys will use the Ultra.

Not this anti Fram guy. I have other options as good or better I choose to use. I don't care if I have to pay a little more for them before you throw price at me. You can keep poking me all you want but you won't change my mind. I will not use their oil filters. Get over it PLEASE!

Last edited:
I will not use their oil filters.

What if RP decides to change their filters to rebadged Fram Ultras?
wink.gif
Or, are you actually using the RP ones? Up here, if I want them, I have to buy a case, and that could be a little excessive.

Not this anti Fram guy. I have other options as good or better I choose to use. I don't care if I have to pay a little more for them before you throw price at me. You can keep poking me all you want but you won't change my mind. I will not use their oil filters. Get over it PLEASE!

Hahaha ... you must think I'm an all-around Fram fan boy. Mistaken again.
wink.gif
I do like the Ultra, but because of what it is performance and quality wise, not the name on the can. It could be painted white with big black letters saying "OIL FILTER" or your choice of any manufacturer, and it wouldn't change what it is inside or how it performs.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I will not use their oil filters.

What if RP decides to change their filters to rebadged Fram Ultras?
wink.gif
Or, are you actually using the RP ones? Up here, if I want them, I have to buy a case, and that could be a little excessive.

I wouldn't use the RP filter in that case as it would be made to Fram spec's and not RP's even though RP would have to Ok the swap. Wouldn't matter - I wouldn't use them anymore. I wouldn't be interested at all. I was using RP filters but they don't offer one for my application right now. I can walk into quite a few stores here and buy OTS.

To keep on topic Fram air filters are ok.

Last edited:

wink.gif
I do like the Ultra, but because of what it is performance and quality wise, not the name on the can. It could be painted white with big black letters saying "OIL FILTER" or your choice of any manufacturer, and it wouldn't change what it is inside or how it performs.

No. Not a fanboy. Never once accused you of that. You are the one mistaken and not me in that regard.

Actually, what I think is you are one of the typical BITOG members who can't accept it that someone doesn't think the same as you. I do not like Fram oil filters. You can't seem to grasp that and allow me the courtesy of using what I wish. You also seem to assume I base that off nothing vs basing it off personal experience with them which I actually have( past personal use and also sold them ). I have had problems with them in the past( personal and selling )and that is why I don't want to use them.

It would be really nice if you would find some other vendetta to occupy yourself with instead of constantly trying to convert me to your view on Fram oil filters. You are becoming as bad as MK.

Enough already ok.
11.gif

Last edited:

wink.gif

No. Not a fanboy. Never once accused you of that. You are the one mistaken and not me in that regard.

Actually, what I think is you are one of the typical BITOG members who can't accept it that someone doesn't think the same as you. I do not like Fram oil filters. You can't seem to grasp that and allow me the courtesy of using what I wish. You also seem to assume I base that off nothing vs basing it off personal experience with them which I actually have( past personal use and also sold them ). I have had problems with them in the past( personal and selling )and that is why I don't want to use them.

It would be really nice if you would find some other vendetta to occupy yourself with instead of constantly trying to convert me to your view on Fram oil filters. You are becoming as bad as MK.

Enough already ok.
11.gif

lol.gif
... I'm not trying to convert you or anyone else,and neither was MK. Never said you accused me of anything ... I said "you must think", and that's based on your obvious biased attitude. Again you're skewed view, misconception and over sensitivity to most posts you've been reading lately is showing. It's a situation of people just giving information you may not know or understand to maybe make a more informed decision. I really don't give a rat's behind what filter brand(s) you use, and I doubt anyone else does either.

BTW, I have sometimes used Fram air filter too, but have used many different brands that are all decent filters. I use Purolator filters mostly, and have had a Classic filter with blown out media, but I still use them even after that. Not locked down and all biased over a rare bad experience.
whistle.gif

Yep, I do like them. Now, we just need an RP air filter, and to have them (and the RP oil filter) readily available up here. I don't need a case!

Going to try the Ultra oil filter next fall oil change,, They are the cheapest syn filter out there and have gotten great reviews on amazon..

wink.gif

Enough already ok.
11.gif

lol.gif
... I'm not trying to convert you or anyone else,and neither was MK. Never said you accused me of anything ... I said "you must think", and that's based on your obvious biased attitude. Again you're skewed view, misconception and over sensitivity to most posts you've been reading lately is showing. It's a situation of people just giving information you may not know or understand to maybe make a more informed decision. I really don't give a rat's behind what filter brand(s) you use, and I doubt anyone else does either.

BTW, I have sometimes used Fram air filter too, but have used many different brands that are all decent filters. I use Purolator filters mostly, and have had a Classic filter with blown out media, but I still use them even after that. Not locked down and all biased over a rare bad experience.
whistle.gif

Last comment before you go on ignore. You are the one assuming. You assume you know something I don't. Clearly you can't read where I have stated I had personal issues with them and also sold them. Whatever, post away with your condescending and know it all attitude. I won't see it anymore and thus can ignore it.

Yep, I do like them. Now, we just need an RP air filter, and to have them (and the RP oil filter) readily available up here. I don't need a case!

RP is really expanding their product lines so maybe down the road they will do air filters?

Last comment before you go on ignore. You are the one assuming. You assume you know something I don't. Clearly you can't read where I have stated I had personal issues with them and also sold them. Whatever, post away with your condescending and know it all attitude. I won't see it anymore and thus can ignore it.

It's clear that you're not following the conversation points being made in these discussions - you read way between the lines. I really don't care what you know or what you use, and nobody else does either. Ignore away, wouldn't want you to see anything you might already know.

BTW for anyone else who knows - is the Fram Tough Guard filter really worth the extra cost? What's their real efficiency difference between them? I noticed that Fram does not list an efficiency number on their air filters like they do on their oil filters.

If RP does start selling air filters, what if MK says the RP is just a re-badged Fram and the same exact filter in a different box?
grin.gif

Well, I want to see a purple gasket and a purple box, or I'm not buying it, especially since they'll want to sell me a case, too.
wink.gif

If Fram made it for RP, they could certainly still make the gasket and box purple per RP's request. Still would be a Fram regardless of colors. AFAIK, RP doesn't make any of thier stuff "in-house" ... it's all made by whoever they pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back