Walmart SuperTech Synthetic spec sheet info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this info is here.. I have it in PDF Form. Also WPP Told me. I sent WPP a email and asked them what were the spec in Walmart Super Tech Syn and if it was the same as MAG1 or Quaker State and this what they said and sent me.
smile.gif

Hello Dave1,

I have attached our specification sheet for the Super Tech 5W-30 Full Synthetic oil. We do manufacture the bottles and oil for the Super Tech brand, but this is location dependent (other companies fill orders for Walmart as well). Products made by us will have a stamp on the bottom with “WPP” on it. The fluid is not the same formula as our Mag 1 Synthetic, but it is high quality oil that is thoroughly tested to meet the specifications claimed on the label.

Thank you for your question.

-Charles

Not sure if this info is here on this site, I figured many might want to read it.
I have it in PDF form but didnt know how to upload to site.
Hope this is good enough

1s1a2v.jpg

35k8k61.jpg

28qvjtv.jpg

whzbzl.jpg

Warren Distribution is very good about providing details on their products. Good, honest company. I am very confident using any oil they blend. If I could buy Mag 1 or Accel at a reasonable price locally, I would definitely be using them.

Their willingness to share that much info makes me respect them a bit more. I've got some ST lined up for an OC this summer and also seeing some good UOAs with it I don't feel bad about using it.

Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21
Their willingness to share that much info makes me respect them a bit more. I've got some ST lined up for an OC this summer and also seeing some good UOAs with it I don't feel bad about using it.

How do them specs compare to the Top Synthetic Oils???

That's an awesome spec sheet...high shear 100C as well...PP better than some 0Ws.

I'd use that oil in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted By: topbliss
Does anyone know where one can purchase Mag 1 oil at a retail location? Is Amazon the only place?

Thanks!

NAPA has it

Originally Posted By: NateDN10
That's a lot of information! It would be nice if all oil companies released this sort of data.

Last year on a Saturday I sent them an email from the MAG1 web site asking if the FULL SYN MAG1 was Crysler MS 6395 approved because it was not on the their PDS, within 10 minutes he sent a personal text to my phone saying he would clear it up first thing Monday and by Monday AM he sent me an updated PDS and had it up on the MAG1 web site also, I could not believe it.
TOTO.

Nice!.Supertech lubes are fine and never hesitated to put them into service and what makes them even better is how cheap they are for daily price.

Nice spec sheet. It would be nice if they were all like this one. Shear stability. HTHS @ 100C. Never seen those before.

The oil looks pretty nice, too.

ST synthetic seems to sludge up easier at lower mileage in my cars than Mobil 1, PU or Amsoil. Have never seen the other sludge up at all but have noticed it with the ST and is why I avoid it now. No official test just a visual observation looking into the crankcase with a flashlight.

Originally Posted By: spk2000
ST synthetic seems to sludge up easier at lower mileage in my cars than Mobil 1, PU or Amsoil. Have never seen the other sludge up at all but have noticed it with the ST and is why I avoid it now. No official test just a visual observation looking into the crankcase with a flashlight.

Really?

One of the original small engine repair places uses ST synetic for anything that comes in their shop, and another place here in town thats not 'primarily small engines buy works on lots of big generators recommends it. Ive never really heard of it sludging up to be totally honest.

So you are claiming you've actually seen both oils "sludge up" in your engine? Both ST and M1? It's just that the ST sludges up easier?

Originally Posted By: spk2000

SPK200 "Sludge up" - what do you mean? Some Cream around the fill cap inn the winter.?Sounds like you have a PCV issue.

I have seen too much varnish and experienced sticking TC tensioner on the newish Subaru running M1 0w20 and QSUD. The Valvoline 0w20 seems to keep the fill hole and the visible VCT spotless - though that doesn't equate to well lubed or long engine life. I have PU 5w20 in there now -a Noisy oil at start of OCI due to extremely high DD doping - hopefully it'll even out after 1500 miles. I would say typical of a non majority ester syn LL oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back