Sticky of hir bulb needed Where to trim what fits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need a permanent sticky. Where to trim HIR bulbs for application. Do they fit and what bulb was used. I have read of certain bulbs needed sanding down. Some not fitting. Methods used for cutting.
I will post pics this week. I am going for HIR in 9006 for my silverado.

Id love to know how to get an HIR for an H4 bulb, especially since one of my H4 halogens just went out.

"Trimming" takes approx. 0.5sec as it requires only a single snip from a pair of wire cutters. One. Nothing could be easier.

Lets all say in unison:

"HIR bulbs can only be used in 9005 or an 9006 application, none other."

There is no plan to fit it for any other application. Please note that just because you have 9005/9006 bulbs in your car, doesn't mean that HIR are automatically the solution.

Originally Posted By: evandostert
I think we need a permanent sticky. Where to trim HIR bulbs for application. Do they fit and what bulb was used. I have read of certain bulbs needed sanding down. Some not fitting. Methods used for cutting.
I will post pics this week. I am going for HIR in 9006 for my silverado.

Wait.....you are going to put HIR's (9011) in your low beam 9006 holders? I cannot at all recommend this. Not even sure your harness will be up to that (probably but still, too bright)

In 9005 high beam holders, yes, simple trim. Some cars like my WRX, fitting the Philips 9011 was easy, simple nip with the cutter and breaking the edges with a machinist file. The NLA Toshiba HIR were a real project - I trimmed, filed and sanded several surfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back