Amsoil Engine and Transmission Flush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever tried this? I ran across it on the Amsoil site and was curious if anyone has used this in the crankcase in the same fashion as MMO, and what the results were like (if any).

I'd like to know as well

I've got a noisy 3MZ-FE that I'd try an idle flush on
I think its just some light varnish in the VVT-i system, but multiple 6 month oci's with PP haven't cleaned it.
I might just give this a go.

Nothing is going make anything instantly clean.You cant really put anything in it harsh enough to clean it quickly without doing damage.Thats just my opinion and most people here are not a fan of flushes.No manufacture recommends them as far as I know.Aimsoil makes good products but I would only use one that can be added to the oil the entire OCI such as Kreen.Most of the time these things are not needed.I just use oil myself.

If you have a sludge problem , Use a quart of MMO in the oil with a good cleaning oil like
PYB. Go to a 1000 oil change. Then go with another cleaning oil like M-1 and a good filter and a 3000 mile change. I did this in a 2000 Monte Carlo with a 3.4 . After 2 cycles , the sludge was pretty much gone.
If its carbon , use GM top clean.
Don't use quick cleaners. Just asking for problems.

I've used it in several cars. Got a friend that had an idle tick and it went away after using it. I can't say whether it cleans much but it can't hurt to use it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back