Pennzoil Platinum with PurePlus Technology Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting read.
What I found most interesting is pennzoil saying in no uncertain terms that there is no such thing as a group 3+ Nor any + when grading base stocks.
So take that to all those who told me I was wrong when I wrote that there was no such thing as a + base stock.

It appears early on they implied to have a 0W30, then later said they didn't.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Yeah. Here they've said categorically that there won't be a 0w-30. Too bad.
Once I get through my stash looks like I'll be getting more American jugs of M1.
Looks like crow for supper,tig will be smiling.

Just mix some 0w-20 with some 0w-40.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Just mix some 0w-20 with some 0w-40.
smile.gif

More 0W20 if a thin 0W30 is desired, more 0W40 to get a thick 0W30.
smile.gif

While I love this new oil hype and get giddy, I'll probably try it, but honestly... after my stash is over, I'll probably just go back to M1.

Plan on using the Caterham Blend in the future depending on who makes the best 0W-20 and 0W-40 (Mobil or Pennzoil).

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Noticed that as well.

So they say shelf life is 4 years, I still have 25 quarts of PP that I got at oreilys clearance that are dated 2011, I better start using them up first. I thought shelf life would be longer than 4 years, maybe this STASH thing isn't too good of an idea.

Well, some BITOGers may not like their answers, but I give SOPUS two thumbs up for producing the GTL- based lineup and making it available (eventually) to us oil obsessed car geeks.

And the same two thumbs up for allowing us to submit questions about their new product(s).

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Cant wait to see a VOA of the new PP 0w20 and PUP 0w20.

+1

Grateful that Pennzoil is making an effort to get the info out ahead of their full product line being available on the shelves. Seems they are using this fine Forum for advertising as well.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
What I found most interesting is pennzoil saying in no uncertain terms that there is no such thing as a group 3+ Nor any + when grading base stocks. So take that to all those who told me I was wrong when I wrote that there was no such thing as a + base stock.

Of course, that's technically true. But, look at their answer to question 8, notably the last sentence:

"Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic products use 100% PurePlus Base Oils."

There is no such thing as a "+" base stock, but a "plus" base stock exists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back