BG MOA with Mobil 1 0W-40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your thought of this combo? I've heard great things about MOA and have use the BG 44K for my fuel system with great results.

Any useful info would be great.

ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

Is that only because it would be used with Mobil 1 OW-40 or does that go for conventional oil too?

BG MOA is a good product, and it has its place, primarily as an additive to help cheaper dino oils provide superior protection up to 7500 miles. It has additional friction modifiers, but its main benefit is to increase and help maintain TBN over the entire drain interval.
Mobil 1 0w40 does the same work on its own.

Not sure if there is any way to improve M1 0w-40. As much as I don't like M1 they are quickly becoming the only game in town.
Now that pennzoil has trashed what was great products I guess I'm a Mobil guy again.
Yuck

True Mobil 1 didn't have to spend another dime on advertising Pennzoil took care of that for them.
I was looking forward to it showing up on the shelves now i could care less.

Originally Posted By: Trav
True Mobil 1 didn't have to spend another dime on advertising Pennzoil took care of that for them.

Can you explain what happened?

Originally Posted By: jtwrace

Can you explain what happened?

Sure. The let the PDS out for the new PU now die hard PU like i was are running back to Mobil 1 like their hair is on fire.

Sure. The let the PDS out for the new PU now die hard PU like i was are running back to Mobil 1 like their hair is on fire.

lol.gif

Just as long as they don't mess with the Euro 5w-40, I'll keep using it.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Now that pennzoil has trashed what was great products I guess I'm a Mobil guy again.

Now, do 10000 mile OCIs with Motorcraft filters and you'll be set.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak

wink.gif

Maybe not. The oil will lubricate for 10,000 miles (maybe lubricate forever), but the additive package may be long gone. That, and the oil chemistry may change for the worse over time.

As for the filter, no filter really captures much below 15-micron sized particles - that degree of filtration is just not compatible with the idea of full-flow filter. There is another forum on BITOG for folks interested in by-pass filtration.

Originally Posted By: dave5358
Maybe not. The oil will lubricate for 10,000 miles (maybe lubricate forever), but the additive package may be long gone. That, and the oil chemistry may change for the worse over time.

That was a bit of a joke about Clevy and tig1. Nonetheless, I'd have confidence in M1 in its warranted 10,000 mile interval.

wink.gif

Smart axx

Hehehe.
If you can't beat em.
I truly hoped that the new ultra would dethrone the mighty Mobil but by the looks of things the only thing pennzoil improved was their bottom line.
The old ultra was a fantastic oil but bombed at the retail level, hopefully it goes better for them this time.
In the mean time I'm thankful rikstaker is shipping me jugs of M1 0w-40.
There's only a couple so my ultra jugs are bullying the 2 M1 jugs,the 5 Belgian castrol jugs are sitting back watching the M1 jugs lip off the ultra jugs saying"you just wait til my brothers get here and the ultra jugs are nervous because they know there's no more of them coming,and they are getting used up to clear shelf space,for M1.
I just puked a bit in my mouth again. Does it ever get easier.

Well, I can't fault Pennzoil for working on their bottom line. Like I mentioned in another thread, what they really need to do is roll out the darned product and sell it at a sensible price. It's not that complex of an issue. Them ignoring the long drain business is silly, though.

Do pay attention to the Castrol 0w-40. I have seen it available in the big jugs, so when the big Castrol jugs are rolled back, that could be a pretty good deal.

Well, I can't fault Pennzoil for working on their bottom line. Like I mentioned in another thread, what they really need to do is roll out the darned product and sell it at a sensible price. It's not that complex of an issue. Them ignoring the long drain business is silly, though.

Do pay attention to the Castrol 0w-40. I have seen it available in the big jugs, so when the big Castrol jugs are rolled back, that could be a pretty good deal.

Bought 5 when CT had em for 30 bucks.
Sensibly priced is the key statement. 74 bucks for 5 litres is absurd. That's Amsoil SSO prices right there. And they have a mileage guarantee,if you follow their instructions of course but still they actually have one.
I saw the pennzoil q&a. They state categorically that its up to the oem to determine oil change intervals,not an oil blender.
Total cop out. Mobil seems to do it,and except in the most severe service the used oil analysis I see show they actually achieve their advertised mileages, in whatever engine,so for pennzoil to back away from that is total bovine turt.
With all their resources they can at least compete with Mobil. Like come on.

I can't argue with that. It's pretty sad that RP is cheaper than PU, and by a substantial margin, and that's counting retail prices, not with a corporate discount from my supplier.

Mobil will be laughing at the lack of a mileage guarantee. Realistically, though, the average BITOGer type will extend OCIs if he wants, anyhow, using UOAs, and many will be out of warranty anyhow. In any event, for oil prices up here, part of the issue is lack of competition. An oil section almost completely filled with Quaker State, Pennzoil, and Formula Shell is not exactly the picture of competition.
wink.gif

As for BG MOA, do any of the Saskatoon dealers push the stuff? Infiniti here loves it, as does one of the Ford dealerships. The Ford place doesn't push it so much in there service, but it's prominently displayed in their parts section. They sell RP there, too, of all things.

I've never seen bg moa anywhere to be honest. Just online.
I'm a pennzoil fan. I like amsoil and royal purple too. If I've gotta pay 15 bucks a litre for ultra I might as well go all out and buy the RP euro with synerlec,or get a mileage guarantee with Amsoil.
I don't get why we are paying triple what our southern friends pay. Even with the difference in the buck
Glad I've got a friend that doesn't mind buying and shipping me jugs of American oil.
We are getting shafted.

Walmart is starting to come down, which is at least a start. Now, CT should do the same.

Ford has a pile of BG stuff on the shelves in their parts section here.

Wm here has platinum at 40 a jug. Not really a deal. Hopefully the rollbacks get lower in relation.
Jugs of AFE would be nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back