10% Gain In Fuel Economy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: domer10
If it was just one idiot I would not even bother wasting my time. This is a common occurrence all around the web. They pop up on every auto forum and do this exact thing, heap praise, tell us that amsoil does this that and the other thing.....amsoil saved their soul. Oh and P.S if you want it just let me know and Ill give you a deal.

If you want to be a straight shooter, introduce yourself, let me know you sell the stuff and if you are interested shoot me a pm and Ill help you out. I dont need somone to blow smoke up my rear with false claims and bogus info to try and bait me into buying something.

This stuff is not limited to Amsoil and in fact pretty much all large aftermarket offerings are represented on most car forums. The worst offenders are the forums where lots of young people hang out like the Civic Forum, Mazda 3 Forum, or where modding is the prime topic discussed. Try recommending something else other than Hawk or EBC brake pads on there and you will be swarmed by a bunch of angry guys in no time. Those forums are full of shills trying to sell their stuff there.

The Hawk guys are crazy. I mean, they're OK pads but they're not that good. Recommend somebody else and they go nuts!

Originally Posted By: accent2012
Originally Posted By: dave1251
Claims like this gives Amsoil dealer's and the company a bad name.

But many amsoil dealers I see here in FL claim MPG improvement.

I even see one guy with 34mpg stickers on his Nissan Frontier truck and with amsoil dealer stickers on there. That's a hefty claim.

That's the only way you can sell this oil to the masses.

You can't be serious.
I ran amsoil exclusively in my 99 silverado from the moment I got it(50000kms) til i couldn't justify the expense anymore at almost 160000kms.
The truck ran flawlessly and when I put the new comp cam,pushrods and 1.7 rockers on the engine was absolutely spotless inside. Clean enough to eat off of.
My stock cam had a slight darkening were the pushrods contacted it,which I attribute to mos2,and there wasn't any wear scar to be felt even when dragging my fingernail across the lobes.
I'd still be using amsoil however 22 buck jugs of pp and qsud are tough to pass by.
Now that I think of it I never noticed piston slap when using amsoil however when I quit using it the next winter it became audible. I wonder if maybe the sso masked the noise or helped the whole issue somehow.
Regardless,amsoil makes top quality products,without question. Just because there's an idiot dealer or 2 out there doesn't mean the product is lesser in any way.
You may not agree with how it's marketed or how some people may shill for the stuff,not unlike any other brands shill,however it doesn't mean there aren't good dealers out there who are professional in every way.
Like it or not amsoil is a quality lubricant producer,of that there is no question
Don't buy it if you don't like something about it or someone associated with it. It's that simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back