Duralast Tools Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cousin and his wife gave me a 39 pc. Duralast socket set for my birthday yesterday. I tried it out today by removing the carburetor on my 4 wheeler. The ratchet 'skipped' a couple of times while removing the carb. stud nuts. Does anyone know if Duralast tools are covered under any kind of warranty? Opinions on Duralast tools?
I own Craftsman, SK, and some Snap-On tools.

sopw1j.jpg

Copied from Autozone's site....

"All Duralast tools are guaranteed for life and will be replaced free of charge if they ever fail to give you complete satisfaction!"

Originally Posted By: Bob_E
Copied from Autozone's site....

"All Duralast tools are guaranteed for life and will be replaced free of charge if they ever fail to give you complete satisfaction!"

Thank You Sir.
34.gif

Originally Posted By: shDK
Looks like a really nice socket set.

I have to agree with you shDK. I think I might have got a 'bad apple' ratchet.
BTW, this set is currently on sale at AutoZone for $19.99.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

thumbsup2.gif

For $20 I may pick one up for my kid so he stops stealing my sockets. I have probably spent $20 on single replacement sockets in the last 6mo!

BTW BlueOvalFitter, thanks for your service. You are braver then I.

thumbsup2.gif

For $20 I may pick one up for my kid so he stops stealing my sockets. I have probably spent $20 on single replacement sockets in the last 6mo!

It states '$27.99' but is on sale for '$19.99.'
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accesso...FY14P7_circular

thumbsup2.gif

The bad Apple thing happens to the best of brands.

I like the naked handle thing I'Ve seen on many US ratchets. Here all ratchets have some some sort of handle with rubber. Wich is nice comfort. But harder to keep clean and takes space in tight places.

I've never owned any of their tools but if they are willing to warranty them for life how bad could they be?

Of course I just bought this 2 weeks ago...

http://www.lowes.com/pd_337304-22328-85861_0__?productId=3387120&Ntt=flex+head+ratchet&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dflex%2Bhead%2Bratchet&facetInfo=

Last edited:
I agree on the Duralast ratchet, I have their 3/8" ratchet and it is identical to my Snap-On 1/4" ratchets. The Duralast quality is excellent and my 3/8" Duralast has been my favorite since I bought it.

I've got the same set of sockets that I purchased at Autozone, except they are the "Great Neck" brand. I believe they are 7-8 years old. The ratchet of my set failed and when I took it back one of the employees gave me the 20 questions routine. "Are you sure you bought it here?" "Where's your receipt?" "Did you abuse it?" Another employee walked by, rolled his eyes and told Barney Fife to just get a replacement ratchet and to take care of it promptly. My replacement ratchet has the Duralast name on it instead of Great Neck.
For the money, it's a great set. I've had die hard Snap-On users admire it.

One more item is needed on this set to change it from a good set to a great set: Add a 1/4" universal joint. I just changed a heater blower motor on my Jeep this afternoon and I used this set. But on my set, I added a universal joint to it that comes in real handy when you are using it in tight spots. Take a drill and put a hole on the inside of the molded case right between the ratchet and the small extension. The universal joint fits in there nicely and you'll be surprised at how often you use it.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
One more item is needed on this set to change it from a good set to a great set: Add a 1/4" universal joint. I just changed a heater blower motor on my Jeep this afternoon and I used this set. But on my set, I added a universal joint to it that comes in real handy when you are using it in tight spots. Take a drill and put a hole on the inside of the molded case right between the ratchet and the small extension. The universal joint fits in there nicely and you'll be surprised at how often you use it.

About 20-25 years ago I went to a SEARS Black Friday sale. They were selling both standand and metric 18 pc. 1/4" drive sets, with a u-joint and a 3" ext. I still have one of each set.
thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

I am not taking anything away from my fellow Veterans, but consider this: “A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer" Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Admiral Halsey is said to have made this observation as well. FYI in WWII a medic who was a conscientious objector received a Medal of Honor. In the Army, courage comes in both physical (e.g. battle) and moral (the hard right vs. the easy wrong).

Originally Posted By: 2cool

thumbsup2.gif

I am not taking anything away from my fellow Veterans, but consider this: “A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer" Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Admiral Halsey is said to have made this observation as well. FYI in WWII a medic who was a conscientious objector received a Medal of Honor. In the Army, courage comes in both physical (e.g. battle) and moral (the hard right vs. the easy wrong).

I didn't serve in the military to be a hero. The main reason was, I love my country and I wanted to do anything and everything to protect it and our God given Freedom!
34.gif

the duralast tools are reboxed/redesigned Great Neck tools.
They're pretty good honestly. I wouldn't trust it for everyday shop use however.
they cost quite a bit vs. other tools, however, they have the lifetime no hassle warranty, you pay extra for that usually.
I've had a few bad duralast ratchets, and the AZ people get me either the same tool or the next one up (price wise).
with Great Neck tools, I haven't had to argue yet.
I had a great neck ratchet that resembles the Snap-On classic one.
Brought it to AZ and told the store manager I did buy it from AZ a while ago and I didn't have a receipt and I knew it wasn't in the computer under my phone #.
He said to pick out a ratchet! Any duralast I wanted.
I asked him if he was ok with that and he said, like he was supposed to, he's taking care of me and AZ was a great neck distributor and the replacement is duralast now.
No problem. and I worried for nothing!

But the teardrop duralast is my poor man's snap on!
I use it quite often and it's pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back