Richard Hammond of Top Gear is coming to Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep an eye out for any suspicious super car racing in the most random of areas. It could be the Top Gear boys. Heres my proof that it may happen.
2n689w2.jpg

I think the fall of Top Gear is soon to come
frown.gif

They are getting a bit old too, which I can see them getting tired of working for BBC. I bet it's a difficult job.

They do other work besides filming TG, which goes 6-7 episodes per series. They probably just did the studio audience thing for the Xmas special out this weekend.

Look around youtube and find Clarkson rudely exploring continental Europe or James May doing "Toy stories".

A new season just hit Netflix, but I can't watch it with the kids, as they changed what they censor. And gotten a bit too crude. The occasional sausage joke was funny, the once/episode is tiring.

I used to wonder why Brit shows would only do a season or two and then quit in their prime. Now I know why.

Testing exotics makes for fun, to see how the other half lives; but their challenges are what keep me watching.

I'm still disappointed that American Top Gear didn't make it. But the success of this kind of show really depends on the chemistry among the cast members, and the American version never gelled.

I always preferred the British version. It is the only car show that my wife will tolerate because she finds the guys pretty amusing.

I love Top Gear, the American one didn't have the right hosts.

I'm looking forward to their Christmas special over the next two weeks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy

Tanner is a huge tool, and Adam should just stick to being a comedian. Rutledge was okay.

It always felt like a cheap copy of the British one. The challenges were identical, but only half as funny.

They really did need someone like Clarkson to say whatever he thinks is funny, regardless of sponsers and advertisers or even being PC...
Probably that's impossible in the US due to lawsuits from corporations or how much editorial control is given to advertisers.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
I'm still disappointed that American Top Gear didn't make it.

This is the first I've heard of this. Very disappointing.

They got rid of the speed channel, now this.

What I'm really tied of is the Tonight Show, Late show, Letterman, Late show x, late late show, late late show y, reality show xyz, the voice, dancing with stars, American Idle, and all the glorification of Hollywood. How many times a year do they have award shows for themselves? What a waste of airtime.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy

Tanner is a huge tool, and Adam should just stick to being a comedian. Rutledge was okay.

It always felt like a cheap copy of the British one. The challenges were identical, but only half as funny.

They should have gotten Jay Leno to do it, also maybe Jerry Seinfeld.

The Top Gear trio have good chemistry but they are actual car guys, so the jokes don't come off as to scripted.

Last edited:
Wonder if the Hamster is over here on official business or not. I met James May a few years back when he was down in Florida filming a TG segment on the Fisker Karma. He was very approachable and relatively friendly.

Wherever Top Gears goes, Russians come and take over the location :=)

Sorry, I watched the Ukraine special only yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back