E15 starting to appear.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stop.

It is entirely likely that the naturally occurring vents in the ocean's floor have dumped much more oil into the world's oceans than the BP oil spill debacle. This does NOT mean I like oil in the ocean, I feel bad to have to point that out but the twisties really hit here when the talking points come out.

And please note that no one has blamed the farmers themselves for anything.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Please stop.

It is entirely likely that the naturally occurring vents in the ocean's floor have dumped much more oil into the world's oceans than the BP oil spill debacle. This does NOT mean I like oil in the ocean, I feel bad to have to point that out but the twisties really hit here when the talking points come out.

But you don't see the naturally occurring oil polluting the shores like it did in the gulf. There most certainly is oil seeping into the ocean. But nothing as massive as the BP spill.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
But you don't see the naturally occurring oil polluting the shores like it did in the gulf. There most certainly is oil seeping into the ocean. But nothing as massive as the BP spill.

There is some website where these extremist are getting this stuff. I've heard it all before on Corvette Forum where they talk about taking the white house by force. Guys with that kind of mentality.

It's hard to reason with people who believe this stuff.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette

There is some website where these extremist are getting this stuff. I've heard it all before on Corvette Forum where they talk about taking the white house by force. Guys with that kind of mentality.

It's hard to reason with people who believe this stuff.

Good thing extremest by definition are a small group.

They seem to be prevalent on car forums for some reason.

Preppers. Etc. Guys who feel the need to have a gun strapped to their leg when taking a dump in their own house.....

Probably because of those turbo owners who jerk out the cat converters.
27.gif

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Please stop.

Can you post any info showing current ongoing damage in the gulf from the spill?

Originally Posted By: hatt

Can you post any info showing current ongoing damage in the gulf from the spill?

No I can't find a one. Must mean all that goop magically went to oil heaven. Who needs a stinkin EPA.

FAQs on the Ongoing Gulf of Mexico Dolphin Die-off

FAQs on the Ongoing Gulf of Mexico Dolphin Die-off

Looks like the jury is still out on that.

Quote:
There are multiple processes under way that are investigating the potential effects of the Deepwater Horizon BP (DWHBP) oil spill on marine mammals.

Quote:
How many UMEs have previously occurred in the Gulf of Mexico?

19 UMEs have occurred in the Gulf of Mexico (12 of which involved cetaceans; the remaining 7 were specific to manatees only) since 1991, when the marine mammal UME program was established, to the present. There have been 57 formally recognized UMEs in the U.S

Quote:
The investigation is ongoing and no definitive cause has yet been identified for the increase in cetacean strandings in the northern Gulf from 2010 to the present.

And finally:
Quote:
When was the current UME declared and what was the chain of events relative to the oil spill?

March 2010
The WGMMUME was consulted regarding an increase in strandings in Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana. As this consultation proceeded an increase in strandings in the wider northern Gulf was also noted that appeared to start in February 2010 but accelerated in March 2010.
April 20, 2010
The WGMMUME was in the process of receiving and reviewing information on elevated strandings in the northern Gulf and providing advice on the overall stranding increase when the Deepwater Horizon fire and oil spill occurred.

Looks like this event had already started prior to the spill. The only question is did the spill prolong/start another UME etc.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: turtlevette

They seem to be prevalent on car forums for some reason.

Preppers. Etc. Guys who feel the need to have a gun strapped to their leg when taking a dump in their own house.....

Lol, this drivel from the "cradle of liberty".
smirk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back