76 Super Synthetic Blend any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am considering buying 76 super synthetic blend for my 04 lincoln navigator.
When i checked the dipstick, the oil was low but looked thick like molasses.

the man who used to own the truck didn't want to put any money into it because he crashed it while drunk and his insurance didn't cover him. he's a very careless/irresponsible individual. (my dad did a lien sale on it)

is 76 super synthetic blend good oil? i plan on doing regular oil changes on it using conventional oil but im not sure whats good or decent to use on it. this old man at the parts store said "its good quality for the price. made by motorcraft." but idk if that's true or not. also, what's the recommended viscosity for this truck? sorry, it didnt come with the owners manual so i dont know how much a love a lincoln needs

To know how much any fluid capacity of the 2004 Lincoln Navigator, go to Amsoil website. It will show you the capacity of all fluid, be it oil or ATF or coolant or PSF ...

76 Super synblend is a good oil, if you can get it for around $3 or less then buy all you can.

Get that old oil out ASAP, then use any decent oil for 3k.

Not sure how hard it is to get the valve cover off that SUV but I would be taking a look inside.

I've used 76 oils with good results. I've found it is usually a bit cheaper than some of the other premium oils I've used. It is perfect for 5000 mile drain intervals.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
Get that old oil out ASAP, then use any decent oil for 3k.

Not sure how hard it is to get the valve cover off that SUV but I would be taking a look inside.

im going to replace the oil today. i changed the spark plugs yesterday and they were probably the original ones from the dealer. some had the little tips dissolved and others had motorcraft logo just burned off.

Originally Posted By: salv
Good oil. Same as most other Conoco Phillips oils, Trop Artic, Motorcraft, Conoco.

I read or was told that Conoco made Supertech Synthetic oil.

You know the walmark Synthetic oil that is fairly cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back