Son Of A Gun Protection by STP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleaned up the garage this weekend, found a bottle STP Son Of A Gun Protection for vinyl, rubber, plastic and leather.

I don't remember where and when I bought this bottle protection, must be more than 15-20 years ago. Never saw it at any auto parts store the last 5-10 years.

Shake the bottle well and spray a little on a piece of black plastic under the hood of the Volvo V70, rubbed it with a lightly damp cloth. The result was very good, it turned the faded plastic(almost white) back to black.

Will try it on rubber molding and vinyl next week, but will not use it on leather.

Did anyone ever try STP Son Of A Gun Protection ?

I didn't know they stopped making it. It's all I used when I was a teenager since it was a lot cheaper than armorall. Good stuff

I just saw bottles of it last night at an O'Reilly's. I had forgotten all about them. They have a picture of the King (Richard Petty) on them. And yes cheaper than Armour All.

It's all that I used on rubber/vinyl for years, as well. Reached a point where I couldn't find it anymore. Switched to 303 because it seems to hold up better on my spa cover.

I still find this at most places.It does leave a slick finish so I have to be careful putting it on running boards. I like this a lot.

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
It's all that I used on rubber/vinyl for years, as well. Reached a point where I couldn't find it anymore.

That's why I quit using it. I assume its disappearance as something to do with whatever merger ArmorAll and STP underwent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back