Best Quick Detailer/Wax spray to use for Opti-Coat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be having my car applied with Opti-Coat Pro in the coming weeks and want to be sure
I maintain the finish properly. Which is the best Quick Detailer or Wax spray that works
great on Opti-Coat? Or are they all pretty much the same?
Currently, I am using both Meguair's Quik Detailer and Quik Wax, but was wondering if there
are better options?

Well, I am really talking more of a detailer spray to remove light
dirt and bird droppings and such.

I've used the meguires and the turtle wax one, I couldn't tell a difference between the two. I think as long as you keep the car waxed regularly they probably all work the same.

Originally Posted By: Texican
I've used the meguires and the turtle wax one, I couldn't tell a difference between the two. I think as long as you keep the car waxed regularly they probably all work the same.

I'd say the same. Detailer is or should be a commodity item. paying eight dollars for that little spray bottle is obscene. A lot of people make their own with rinseless car wash at 8X strength (in other words, a pint sprayer with enough to make a gallon of regular car wash).

Opticoat Pro is a great product -- it is more durable, glossier and harder than the consumer 2.0.

I would highly recommend against any wipedowns with a QD -- they have a tendency to cause nasty marks. I would stick to full traditional car washes or rinseless washes with Optimum No Rinse.

Also, some QDs with a high silicone content will cause streaking with Opticoat.

Originally Posted By: Texican

Well the point of Opti Coat Pro is not having to Wax anymore. Its a Coating! And on top of that wax just wont stick to it! As for the OP what kind of car and what color is it?

You need to wash the car properly not wipe it down with spray wax or quick detailer after Opti coat. If you absolutely MUST do this then use Poorboy's Spray & Wipe. It only cleans and adds nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back