2015 Jeep Renegade

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit too boxy looking for my tastes. Looks like it came from Lego Land, but again, I am hard to please when it comes to modern car designs...

http://www.edmunds.com/auto-shows/geneva/2014/2014-geneva-auto-show-2015-jeep-renegade-faq.html

2015_jeep_renegade_f34_14-ge-as_221141_717.jpg

With a small turbo diesel it will sell well in southern Europe.

Made in Italy.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
It's cute!

Yes, there is hope girls will go for it. The ones that can't fit into a Fiat 500.

My thoughts:

terrible photoshop of the kia soul .. oh wait its a jeep.. LOL

Kind of reminds me of the Honda Element a little bit. Takes some getting used to. I thought the new Cherokee had a unique beek but this thing is going a little far imo.

Blah. Looks awful.

Probably will sell amazingly, as I am about the opposite of the US auto market on everything.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
It's cute!

Yes, there is hope girls will go for it. The ones that can't fit into a Fiat 500.

crackmeup2.gif

It's cute!

It seems a large number of vehicles are being styled to appeal to "daddy's little girl" these days. Cute is all over the place.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
What in the [censored]?!? Looks like a Cube on steroids.

My thoughts exactly.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
It's cute!

It seems a large number of vehicles are being styled to appeal to "daddy's little girl" these days. Cute is all over the place.

You can thank Japan for that (cute things) Not that I'm complaining, as in general I like cute things. I don't much care for the styling of that Jeep, though I would be interested in a built in italy jeep, in the future.

But it's starting to catch on here, there is a lot of Japanese influence on society today, and "kawaii" (or cute) is one of the good ones, imo.

Just as an example
http://kotaku.com/japan-has-the-cutest-construction-signs-youll-ever-see-742658291

"As noted by website Naver, there are several theories why the anime style animal characters are popular. One is that they have a calming effect and can, thus, reduce road rage.P

Another theory is that these cute barricades help improve Japanese people's impressions of construction sites—that they're a softener of sorts and construction sites don't seem as gruff and tough. As with many things in Japan, including the language itself, some things become more palatable when softened. P

One theory is that drivers don't want to hit the cute animals, so the characters are a form of accident prevention. I'm not sure about that, as whenever I pass sites like this, I end up looking at the cartoon animals instead of the road! I'd also say that these barricades are fun for little kids, too. P

And from the increasingly interest online, it seems like adults are also into spotting unusual character barricades. P

"
18tja0mjbia7bjpg.jpg

Last edited:
Reminds me of a Tracker. Or Samuri, as pointed out above.

Might be kinda fun, with that 3.6L and a 6 speed manual. A 2.5L turbo diesel would be cool too; but I bet the 3.6 working against a decent transmission would get the job done.

Not that I'd buy one, mind you.

Originally Posted By: supton
Might be kinda fun, with that 3.6L and a 6 speed manual.

Looks like 1.4 turbo and 2.4 NA are the only engine options, at least for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back