Who makes the Subaru CVT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTK

I know when I poured over the forums back in 2011 when I leased my 2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i, CVT, the consensus seemed to be the 2010+ Subaru CVT was sourced from Aisin.

I absolutely cannot find any supporting information anymore! I swore it was there a year or three back.

We've been discussing this over at Subaru board I frequent. Some say they are a genuine Subaru unit, some say Jatco. Jatco doesn't seem like a fit, given the design of all the other Jatco CVTs out there. Segmented belt, instead of chain/belt on the Subaru units.

Anyway.. I'm stumped on this.

Thanks Fetch!

I saw that wiki link. I just find it hard to believe Subaru/Fuji is in the CVT business for themselves.

Originally Posted By: FetchFar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Subaru_transmissions#Subaru_Lineartronic_CVT

Lineartronic, looks like Fuji Heavy Industries, subaru's parent co., does it. Exclusive to Subaru. Love them CVT's. Had a German designed, American made, ZF brand CVT in an 05 Ford Freestyle, infinite gear ratios, wide range, low power/friction-consuming efficient thing.

I think my dream car would be a Coyote powered mustang with a CVT and solid rear.

My work has a Nissan Quest with the VQ35DE and a CVT and it hauls for a minivan. A V6 van that does 0-60 in 6 seconds or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back