Redline in the HD 103 CI V Twin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Line makes outstanding oils for bikes. I use straight Shockproof Heavy in the transmissions of the BMW bikes I've had.

I'm using shockproof heavy in my 106ci twin cam's tranny. Rotella 15w-40 in my primary and engine.
I used their automotive 20w-50 in my bike and I loved it. The top end was so quiet if it wasn't for my propipe I wouldn't have known it was running.

Good oils but expensive.

Primary you can run almost anything in it cause your oiling the chain and clutch pack. So, just use Rotella 15w-40 oil or HD 360 in the Primary.

Redline 20w-50 in engine and then the Shockproof in Tranny.

I currently have Schaeffers 20w-50 in engine, Schaeffers 75-90 Gear oil in Tranny, and Amsoil 20w-50 in Primary (I had some left over) in my '13 CVO Ultra.

I've also run Amsoil 20w-50 in engine and Primary with the 75-110 gear oil (SVT) in my bikes too.

And, I've run the Redline MTL in the Primary with no issues. Had some left over from Dodge 2500 6-speed transmission oil change.

Never had any oil related issues in any four of my bikes.

Last edited:
Depends on your mileage. Redline specifically says 3000+ miles on a new engine with conventional first. HD first service is usually at 1000. I would run HD syn3 until 5000 and then switch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back