How much do you pay for E0

Status
Not open for further replies.
A place near me just started to carry 91 octane E0 for $4.19. Regular 87 E10 is around $3.69.

I will certainly consider it for all of my OPE, maybe boat and snow cat.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
No E0 anywhere within driving distance from me.

same here although marinas carry it..its 5$+
and cant get a car there to fill it

(could do some gas cans)

We have a few that have 91 E0 premium its always about the same price as the other stations 93 E10 premium.

Anyone know what they use for an oxidizer with E0 gas?

Also have the laws changed? I thought the federal gov. was forcing E10 fuel like it or not. But then realized it was up to 10%, but it could be less. Now we see E0 at (almost) normal gas stations for cars to fill up on.

90 octane E0 is about $1 more than 87 E10 in Central FL. In East Tennessee 87 E0 is $.20 more than 87 E10.

3.59 88 octane E0 yesterday. 30 cents more than corn liquor 87 E10. My vehicles run so much better with real gas....

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: Chris142
$0.Cant get it here

Agreed. E0 isn't available in the whole state of California.

To be expected. Anything really good cannot be bought in Calif.

$0.Cant get it here

Same. Only places here with it are a few small airports and marinas and they are not supposed to sell it for use in autos. ALL gas sold here for on road use MUST be E10.

Originally Posted By: Donald
$0.Cant get it here

It is not Just CA on this one. Many states require E10 in all grades.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Originally Posted By: Donald
$0.Cant get it here

It is not Just CA on this one. Many states require E10 in all grades.

California specifically doesn't require 10%. There are two areas in California subject to the winter oxygenate requirement. I've also heard of some rural areas that can get around the basic average oxygenate requirement if they requested it.

Another thing you'd have to understand is that ethanol is cheaper than gasoline, and it helps boost the octane rating. In a place like California with a high demand for 91 octane, using maximum ethanol is a way to achieve that. The fuel marketers have a strong incentive to use it.

Iowa, regular E0 gas is readily available. But only the purists buy it because it usually is almost 20 cents a gallon higher than E10 and is 87 octane whereas E10 is 89 octane. Most folks at just going to look at the lowest price at the pump and that is going to be E10 in my neck of the woods. But E0 is available in in quite a few outlets. We don't get caught up in all the emissions stuff in Iowa like other states do. We have never even had emissions testing on vehicles! Most folks buy the E10 because of the substantially lower price, so there is no need for the state to mandate it.

$.20 is likely at least the break even point for E0 vs E10. A bunch of smart folks with a calculator are buying it. I was getting around 1.5 more mpgs with E0. At $.20 more that would make E0 cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back