Rotella T-6 0w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it's been posted yet but I just saw rotella t-6 0w-40 at my local napa this morning.
I didn't have time to take a really close look at the back of the jug to read what specs it meets but I did look twice to make sure it was T-6 and not any other line.
I really like the 0w hdeo's. They are the best of all worlds really.
A high detergent durable engine oil that can isn't molasses at our artic winter temps.

Just a heads up to the forum that it's out there.

I apologize if it's already been posted.

Oh, it's still molasses, just a somewhat thinner molasses
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Clevy
A high detergent durable engine oil that can isn't molasses at our artic winter temps.

Curiously low starting TBN versus the T6 5w40 (and most other diesel oils, really).

I'd still use it in a gasser needing a high HTHS oil + 6-7k change interval.

If you're asking about Dexos1, then no since it's an Xw-40 grade. Dexos1 oils can only be Xw-20 or Xw-30 grade.

No JASO MA mention on PDS, so probably not on the bottle either.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Oh, it's still molasses, just a somewhat thinner molasses
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Nice high VI, that's for sure.

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
Did you happen to see if there was a JASO-MA or DEXOS certification on the bottle?

I did look for JASO because I use rotella conventional 15w-40 in my Harley's primary and in the engine and I didn't see it listed.
I'm not sure dexos applies to anything thicker than a 30 grade.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Curiously low starting TBN versus the T6 5w40 (and most other diesel oils, really).

It's missing the ACEA high TBN spec. Delvac 1 is the same way, with low TBN for 0w-40 and much higher for the 5w-40.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
The old T5 had a TBN of 10+ so it must have been full-SAPS...

Technically, that's probably mid-SAPS, too, given the relevant ACEA specs, at least by HDEO definitions of mid-SAPS. We went through this argument with Delvac 1 before.
wink.gif

Clevy, what was the price?

According to a post on another forum (nasioc.com), this oil is slowly starting to pop up in the U.S. lt was also addressed in the Pennzoil Q&A.

19. Will T6 0w-40 become widely available in the US market?

Yes, Shell Rotella T6 0W-40 is available in North America. However, you will need to contact your local retailer for availability.

-Dennis

Last edited:
recently read where pennz ultra is slowly moving to oil from GTL technology, pennz rep said it will take time, meaning gotta sell the old stuff. it should be cleaner to fake synthetics from typical dirty dino oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back