Kendall Or QS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2003 Dodge Dakota with the 4.7 litre V8. For my next oil change, I was wondering if I wanted to stay with the QSGB 5W-30 or jump to the Kendall GT-1 full syn 5W-30. What do you guys think? I really like QS, have used GB and Defy personally and have been pleased, but I'm thinking of making the change to a full syn, and Kendall seems to be the one I come back to. Now, I've never used Kendall, but at the shop we've used quite a bit of MCSB and I've been quite pleased with it. I do a lot of short trip/town driving, but I might also do a little towing with this truck and some interstate trips. So.......feel free to comment below.

I would use your stash of Defy 10w30,
if you still have it.
49.gif

Originally Posted By: Hoofhearted
Go with Defy...My old 4.7 2003 Dakota loved the Defy.

How so? I have a 5.2 Dakota and I thought 10W-30 Maxlife was on the thick side. Defy seems even more so...

yes, i have read that the Defy is a bit on the thicker side. For some reason my engine ran cooler "per temp gauge" versus Maxlife and the engine idled smoother in park and while stopped at a light.

If your going to a full synthetic, and like Quaker State then I would go with QSUD (Quaker State Ultimate Durability). It is a full synthetic oil available at Walmart for a GREAT price. I use it in our Uplander with a Fram TG filter and its quiet and smooth.

The choice is yours. There are UOAs of Kendall in all kinds of cars and trucks here and nobody has had a problem. There are VOAs that show a lot more Ti than Mobil.

I've used Kendall in cars, trucks, and H. D. Diesels for 33 years and never had an oil related problem.

My Defy is 10W-30, and I use it in my '91 Sierra. I'd prefer to run 5W-30 in the Dakota, even thought 10W-30 is listed as an option. I might use up my GB 5W-30 and get some Defy in that flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back