Eagle One Nano Wax-As-U-Wash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I scrubbed down my winter dirty car (2014 Pearl White Limited WRX Hatch) yesterday with this stuff, and while I would never trust/use such a product for "wax" I thought it was a great soft washing soap. I didn't have to go way over the recommended mix ratio as with other soaps, and I used warm water to mix in both buckets. It left the car looking great and clean and seemed to nicely lift of the dirt other soaps leave for hard scrubbing. I followed up as quick as I could with Wax as U Dry using soft microfiber towels. Not sure what the purists think, but this wash soap gets a thumbs up from me!

Bonus points for a pleasant smell.

I posted this on their site as well.

http://eagleone.com/nanowax-as-u-wash

Yea, it's hard to tell! Right now, my cars all look like a salt lick and any washing makes them look new and bright(er). So, when I do a really good washing with any good name product, they look GREAT
laugh.gif

Would you have gotten the same results by using just any car wash soap? Who knows!

You certainly did the right thing! Do you experience any winter conditions with road salt?

I love the regular Wax-As-U-Dry spray!...I use it as a quick detail(er) after I dry the vehicle instead of while I am drying. Just the method I prefer!

Last edited:
I have been using Eagle One Spray Wax as U Dry on my wife's mini-van every other wash for the last 5 or 6 months as a way to strech out how often I have to give it a full detail.

Now that the winter has rolled around I have stopped this process (too cold to wash at home, just use the self-service car wash) and I am fairly impressed in the durability...or perhaps it is just a matter of all of the layering from over the summer and fall?

The Eagle One Wax-As-U-Dry is a decent product as far as gloss, slickness and water/dirt repellency is concerned (at least, for a spray wax).

My only complaint is that I have to do a final wipedown/polish to get rid of streaking and residue. After I do that, it looks great, and the finish is so slick that sometimes my hand slips off the door when I go to close it.

The Turtle Wax equivalent doesn't require a final buff, but the shine and protection aren't as good.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
The Eagle One Wax-As-U-Dry is a decent product as far as gloss, slickness and water/dirt repellency is concerned (at least, for a spray wax).

My only complaint is that I have to do a final wipedown/polish to get rid of streaking and residue. After I do that, it looks great, and the finish is so slick that sometimes my hand slips off the door when I go to close it.

This really became apparent the 2nd time I used the product, particularly within 2 days of the last use. The maker does warn you, it's in the same category with using too much, which I certainly did. But this all very reconcilable for me, because it was just too cold to use any other more traditional wax. The upside is my car has a pretty great coat of wax on it now, verses sweating BB's all winter about no paint protection.

I tried this stuff when it first came out and really disliked it for the reason you mention. Took me forever to use it up and glad it's finally gone. I love Duragloss Aquawax. One swipe and it's gone. After 24 hours it's nice and shiny. It's a spray sealant, nice scent and under $10.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver

I tried this stuff when it first came out and really disliked it for the reason you mention. Took me forever to use it up and glad it's finally gone. I love Duragloss Aquawax. One swipe and it's gone. After 24 hours it's nice and shiny. It's a spray sealant, nice scent and under $10.

Nice...but if I can't buy locally I'm probably not going to order it. I would consider ordering some nice paste wax. I'll need something when my #26 runs out.

I've actual gone nearly a month since I used the product and water still beads nicely. If I can get a wash in this weekend I may re-apply. I would say the product works as advertised and saved my bacon mid winter. Still I can wait until I get some real wax on.

My experience too--Eagle streaked. Aquawax, not so much, although it certainly will if you over apply it. No big deal. A couple of minutes of extra buffing.

I'm a believer in spray waxes. They don't hurt, they only help. They are easy. To the extent they have UV protection, I have to believe a reapplication every couple of weeks with your wash is better than trying to get that through a once every four month waxing.

I'd say the the biggest "con" is the cost. The individual bottles may not be much, but depending on the brand, you can burn through them pretty fast. That's another reason why I like Aquawax. It doesn't take much.

Thanks for the review. But please, refrain from using the word "scrub" when discussing car washing.
smirk.gif
It gives me visions of micro marred paint.

And..........is this thread diverging into 2 different product discussions: wax as you wash vs. wax as you dry? I am confused...again.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Thanks for the review. But please, refrain from using the word "scrub" when discussing car washing.
smirk.gif
It gives me visions of micro marred paint.

lol.gif
grin2.gif
crazy2.gif

Scrub with only the softest of microfiber sponges!

The car was filthy. Anyway, I want to try Aquawax, but I don't get all the streaking comments here. I'm on my second bottle and no streaks yet. The only time it acts "funny" is when it's over used, then it just takes an extra wipe or two. If the Aquawax has the staying power of the Eagle One, then it's a great product too.

The cost is a factor. I'm on my second bottle ($6+) but I'm not complaining because the first bottle was .01$

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3238712/2014_WRX_-_School_me!#Post3238712

I have been using Wax-As-U-Dry for years.. I love the product.
It takes no longer to use, seeing as I am using my absorber anyway, just spray on during the drying. Good stuff.

As far s the wash, I have not used it...

I used Duragloss Aquawax today after washing my car. I do not like this product at all, but I'll see if it looks better tomorrow. I wiped and wiped and it's tacky as heck, then pollen stuck to it........yuck. Doesn't seem like it provides much protection, but we will see. Never ever get it on glass. They should warn you about that.

Yes I followed the instructions.

Glad I have a couple bottles of of the Eagle stuff left. Works better than advertised.

Quote:
I used Duragloss Aquawax today after washing my car. I do not like this product at all, but I'll see if it looks better tomorrow. I wiped and wiped and it's tacky as heck, then pollen stuck to it........yuck. Doesn't seem like it provides much protection, but we will see. Never ever get it on glass. They should warn you about that.

Did you wash it with regular car wash or the wash & wax stuff? I've used Aquawax for many years on 100+ cars and never once had the problems/experience you described. Sounds to me like the wash & wax soap doesn't play well with Aquawax. I've also always used it on glass with never a smear or problem.

Probably used too much. Protection? I don't think any spray wax provides much protection. Maybe a little UV. Maybe a little boost to the sealant that's underneat. Some extra shine. What do you expect for an extra five minutes of work?

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Quote:

Did you wash it with regular car wash or the wash & wax stuff? I've used Aquawax for many years on 100+ cars and never once had the problems/experience you described. Sounds to me like the wash & wax soap doesn't play well with Aquawax. I've also always used it on glass with never a smear or problem.

The overspray on glass went tacky, like really sticky immediately. It buffed off the glass with some serious elbow grease and uf towels.

No I did not use too much.

That said, you may be on to something. I did use Nano Wax-As-U-Wash. It's probably best if I use those two products together. Frankly the Nano products have been protecting the car pretty well. Washing goes easy, the grime doesn't hang on. I hadn't washed the car since Super Bowl Sunday and water was still beading. Plus I think the anti-corrosion additives are a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back