It's a jeep Thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
144p video? thats uh like 1/4 the resolution of reg tv?

I was in worse with my 2002 ranger. had no problems.. driver skills minimal and looks like [censored] tires.

Last edited:
What a idiot. I am originally from PA and have plenty of snow experience. Even though the tires were bald, you gotta creep in snow. Once you break the tires loose, its over. You think if he grew up in the North, he might know better. I see so many people down here in the South do the same thing in sugar sand. Creep carefully, build up speed slowly and keep it going faster and faster and build up speed to get through it. Nope they just tromp it down and hold it there from a dead stop and wonder why they get stuck.

1. Mossy Oak sweatshirt? Check.
2. Lifted with bald tires? Check.
3. Terrible driver? Check.

Sounds like another dumb redneck to me.

Lame.

I'm all loaded up for tomorrow. Heading up to NH to wheel in 2'-3' of snow. It should be more fun than this guy LOL

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: Donald
Why did it overheat?

Probably from bouncing off the rev limiter for an hour.

Vehicles can overheat when breaking trail in the snow.

I run a 3 core HD radiator in my 4 popper and the needle doesn't move whether I'm breaking snow or it's 100*F. You need the right equipment to play in the extremes.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I assume the tires were bald before he started up the snowy road? Why did it overheat? #331 head?

If he was pushing deep snow for a while, he probably packed the rad and condenser with snow, leading to little to no airflow actually getting through.

That's an interesting approach.

In my experience it works best to not spin at all on snow (or ice). If you spin you'll warm up your tires destroying every last bit of traction. Paradoxically, that light touch method usually does the job. I've rescued a few vehicles by just gently driving them away from their "stuck" position. But sometimes you need to rock back and forth a bit and sometimes you need to reverse and just take a run at it.

Now in mud on the other hand....

Ecotourist

I love the 2 door XJs. Its a shame he's beating on it so bad.

I have that same sweatshirt though.
laugh.gif

I like the way the driver blames the Jeep

"******* junk heap"

I think I would have let him Blow it.
Some people ONLY learn the hard way.

What an idiot. He shouldn't be allowed to have that and represent Jeep owners.

If I warned him twice to take it easy and he blew it up, too bad for him it's his own fault. If he noticed it was overheating, and took it easy and still blew it up ... then I would help him.

Cherokees suffer from poor cooling systems. The owner seems like a real tool ... probably did no cooling system maintenance on the thing causing it to overheat.

With that said, Cherokees are pretty darn tough. I got mine stuck a few weeks ago trying to go through 100 yards of 2' snow drifts. Thanks to my overly skinny (By choice) tires , I kept digging down. It was back and fourth and back and fourth and back and fourth for 5 or 6 minutes. I flipped the override for the E-Fan and took it easy.

The key is to not get it spinning and don't beat on it! When it's cold stuff gets fragile. A bit easier to break a shaft or u-joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back