ml 55 amg

Status
Not open for further replies.
70k miles

It overheating while driving down in the city (90 degrees) then on the hwy it goes does to 80 degrees otherwise it will go up around 90 degrees.

Are those temps the coolant temps in Celcius?
How long have you had the vehicle and how long has it been doing this?

And 90C doesn't sound like "overheating". 80-90C seems like a normal operating range.

Edit: A quick online search reveals that the OE thermostat temp is 87C, so you have nothing to worry about if it is topping out at 90C because that's the way it is supposed to perform.

Last edited:
90C is about right, remember Mercedes uses real temperature gauges and they will fluctuate as you drive.

Typically the electric cooling fans and viscus clutch are not fully engaged to 105C.

Welcome to owning German automobiles…that is normal in temps….Mercedes like to run hotter in the 87-90C temp range. Your electric fans should go on when its above 117C or so. Not sure for your model year car thats why. Make sure you use factory fluids esp the coolant for your car. Don't use that green stuff from Vatozone.

Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
Are those temps the coolant temps in Celcius?
How long have you had the vehicle and how long has it been doing this?

And 90C doesn't sound like "overheating". 80-90C seems like a normal operating range.

Edit: A quick online search reveals that the OE thermostat temp is 87C, so you have nothing to worry about if it is topping out at 90C because that's the way it is supposed to perform.

We had it for eight years and yes those are in Celcius (sorry). We never drive this suv but now we have to so it was making me nervous. Thanks for researching my issues.

Okay thanks you everyone, as long you guys say is normal then i'm fine. The reason it made me feel like it overheating is because im used to driver Japanese car with lower temperature and again we never drive this suv for long time and now we have to drive this suv.

Originally Posted By: Rohan
Okay thanks you everyone, as long you guys say is normal then i'm fine. The reason it made me feel like it overheating is because im used to driver Japanese car with lower temperature and again we never drive this suv for long time and now we have to drive this suv.

I get that exact feeling also when I drive our Honda Accord….then switch back to the S class or my 190E. Drive Hard...

Oh my God, you really have to drive ML 55 AMG? What a pain it must be for you!! Why don't you exchange that POS with my 99 Odyssey van?

What is going on here which is causing these guys to suddenly start bombarding BITOG?

crackmeup2.gif

5eb1d3cfff1cff2c50cc97d516f5c38bcab47d9e427b1456a99d885b95070deb.jpg

I used to have an 00 ML320 and 80-90 degrees celcius was the norm. Verify the coolant is at least at the min line when cold.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Oh my God, you really have to drive ML 55 AMG? What a pain it must be for you!! Why don't you exchange that POS with my 99 Odyssey van?

What is going on here which is causing these guys to suddenly start bombarding BITOG?

I'm sorry u don't like this but btw I have 2002 odyssey with 400k miles on it which is why we have to drive ml55 amg. Odyssey is leaking oil bad so it at the dealership and I'm not used to see the temperature high on the car so that's why I made an thread for ml55 , and if you didn't like it then I suggest you to stay out off my thread. We all here for help not for making fun of each other threads.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Relax.

A little bit of humor isn't such a bad thing on these forums.

I agree.

Rohan, I believe Vikas was actually complementing you on a nice vehicle- in a humorous way.

Of course he is humoring us! You should have guessed it with his "400K 2002 Odyssey" reference!! Now if he were to add "on its 7th transmission", I might believe him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back