Why japanese cars dont come with remote start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im looking at new subarus and two things i really want are heated seats and remote start. My wifes fusion has both. Im wondering why japanes companies dont offer it. Even a $80k lexus cant be had with it but my wifes $30k fusion can. [censored]!?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gregk24
Jeopardizing long term reliability? I dont know.

Im looking at new subarus and two things i really want are heated seats and remote start. My wifes fusion has both. Im wondering why japanes companies dont offer it. Even a $80k lexus cant be had with it but my wifes $30k fusion can. [censored]!?

Seriously? No Japanes cars co.e with a remote start? My Vues has RS, but I still haven't tried it yet.... No way I'm gonna kill my fuel economy
smile.gif
. I drive 3 miles before I get on a highway and the heat is always toasty by then.

Because most people have a garage? That's not a feature I look for. Both our vehicles have it, and we rarely use it. I didn't know Japanese cars didn't.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
Seriously? No Japanes cars co.e with a remote start? My Vues has RS, but I still haven't tried it yet.... No way I'm gonna kill my fuel economy
smile.gif
. I drive 3 miles before I get on a highway and the heat is always toasty by then.

Subaru has it as an aftermarket purchase. My bad. Its still retarded that you cant buy one with it already installed.

You don't need a remote start because they do. If you own a European car you want to see if the car will start before going outside; if it doesn't you can call the flatbed from the warmth of your own home and make calls to have your coworkers pick you up on the way to work.

IDK, maybe I'm off base here.
grin.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
You don't need a remote start because they do. If you own a European car you want to see if the car will start before going outside; if it doesn't you can call the flatbed from the warmth of your own home and make calls to have your coworkers pick you up on the way to work.

grin.gif

I like having the heated seats already hot when my [censored] hits the leather. Nough said.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts

grin.gif

So im taking it that nobody knows? well then.

subarus have heated seats just get the AWP

includes heated seats, heated mirrors, heated wiper rest /nozzles.

if its not available with your specific options

its a 500$ dealer option

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand

its a 500$ dealer option

mad.gif
I want them warm before I get in the car....

Originally Posted By: Volv04Life
Originally Posted By: Rand

its a 500$ dealer option

mad.gif
I want them warm before I get in the car....

This is off topic. I just wanna know why japanese manufacturers dont build cars with remote start as a pre-installed option.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back