Novel Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by dropitby:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...makeId-1000134/p-7600/c-10101/modelId-1001575 A double filter like the test run for the Air filters.Good Novel Idea or not.
confused.gif

Oil,
nono.gif
like electricity, Takes the path of least resistance. I hope there aren't any guys out there thinking about this screen thingy.
lol.gif

Both Jegs and Summit sell this thing. The only thing it does is allow you to see if anything that big is being circulated around and negates the need to tear into the filter to see any metal shavings.

I personally woulnd't bother ..but I also can't see it hurting anything. If you've got chunks that big ..you've got issues that the $10 you spent aint' gonna solve.

I believe the original intent of the screen mesh thingy was so that drag racers could quickly check for large chunks of metal without having to cut open their high dollar high flow high pressure oil filter. The thingy's openings (or mesh size) would obviously would have to be smaller than the sump pickup tube screen and have enough percentage of open area so as to not hinder flow.

All things considered, probably a bad idea for a normal OCI, and at a price of anything above pennies each, a rip off.

Ten bucks for a little piece of wire mesh?!?!?

I'm obviously in the wrong line of work!

Oh, and to answer your question, it seems kinda hokey to me, but hey...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back