Coolant hoses with different size ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is on the MG. That has a plumbing nightmare of hoses going between the water pump, thermostat housing, expansion tank, intake manifold, automatic choke on the carburetor, heater valve, and the heater core. Trouble is, even with the original hoses, there are cases where the hose fits perfectly on one end, but the other end goes to a much smaller nipple and has a hose clamp cranked way down to squeeze it and hope it doesn't leak. They do leak.

Short of building some adapter using different hose fittings to go between two different hose sizes, is there a nice way of fitting these hoses?

When I was figuring out hoses and routing on the 57 I ran into different sizes at each end plus trying to get the hose shape like I wanted. Everything is custom on it so there was no stock numbers to work with.
I went to my local auto parts and described what I was doing - they were kind enough to let me back to the hose stock and let me go through them to see what might work for me. It took a couple of hours but I found exactly what I needed. I kept a record of the hose number so when replacement is needed it's a breeze.
Maybe more than you want to do, but perhaps an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back