The one time I did not have a phone pic....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I really would have had my phone to catch a pic of what I saw: The media of my AC Delco RIPPED while getting an oil change....

I've used Delco cartridges since I've owned ecotec engines...since 2003. Never an issue. Ever. So you can picture my surprise while watching my oil change (yes, too cold for me to do it) and they pulled the filter out...boy, was a mess! With all the strange things going on with this car, this could explain a bunch...I mean, this thing was nearly in two pieces!

Not sure what to think about this either. While I've used other filters, I've never had this happen....

Car now has a fresh fill of QSUD and a fram Ultra filter...and is happy as a clam!

I kinda wanted to take it home to take a picture of it (true Bitoger there), but I had nothing to put it in...they had already trashed the fram box...so sadly, no pictures.

Not sure what have caused it either.....

That filter elements occasionally tear is an argument for frequent, on-time fluid changes. By extension, occasional tears would be an argument for not going to the absolute longest OCI. Kira

Originally Posted By: Danno
Miles on filter, oil in car at the time of failure and car/engine description would be useful.

Well, it did mention Ecotec up there....though it belongs in a cavalier. Oil was QSUD 5w30, which had a tad over 5200 miles when changed.

Nothing crazy on this change...good mix o city highway this time. It did have some extra idle time due to the extreme cold the last few months. Old fill was dropped in very late october/early november if I remember right....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back