Oil Filter Comparison Feb. 2012 Four Wheeler Mag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this site while researching for our "new" 2010 Odyssey (non-VCM LX), and I'd like to be a positive contributor so here's something you might find cool, and something I didn't see using the search button:

In the February 2012 issue of Four Wheeler magazine there is a huge comparison and breakdown of oil filters.
To find it, add http://www to .fourwheeler.com/how-to/engine/129-1202-oil-filter-comparison-fodder/

I liked what they said about Mobil 1 filters, but this site seems to have much praise for NAPA Gold and Wix and not that much about the M1 filters. But hey, to each his own. Please enjoy!

As mentioned tough to see the details of the filters and the chart without magnification. Even then not that clear, but some observations.

The article dates to 2012, but some/several of the filters are much older versions. Both Purolators, P1 and Prem. Plus are older versions superseded in 2009 with newer more efficient filters. The Tough Guard description says screen over, which hasn't been a feature used now for 4-5 years. It's odd that the article dates to 2012 with some filters dating to ~2008. Notably absent Wix, but that would be the same as Napa Gold. Some of the information may still be the same/similar especially the interior appearance, but several filters shown not current. And none of the current synthetic media filters is even mentioned. Makes me wonder if this is a reprint of an earlier published article.

If one wants more current dissection pic information the gmtruckcentral.com filter comparison (google) has very good current pics. Best to ignore the associated patch test results and conclusions though as they are unreliable.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Makes me wonder if this is a reprint of an earlier published article.

Or something that was backburnered or started by a short time staffer, and recently picked back up for some filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back