Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rw19
I believe that the dow and most US equities have hit a TOP.

Based on what??? Most big name glamor stocks are breaking out of bases/consolidations and there is STILL rampant pessimism and high short interest, both of which sustain bull market runs. What's the saying....markets can stay irrational longer than you and I can remain solvent. As soon as the market starts a pullback, there are still too many people piling on shorts thinking the top is here, and when they are forced to cover for a loss, it adds demand and kicks the next leg up into gear.

The ONLY major problem I can see in the Dow and SPX is, the low in mid December was taken out; that's the first low swing point that's been taken out in over a year, but the market rebounded and blew right back past it. The market also closed above the 11/29/13 pivot high which most likely negates the head and shoulders top talk I'm reading everywhere online.

Ive been sitting on a bunch and nibbled some more. Looks like the divvy sustainability thing is overblown.

I got lots more LNCO on a dip & it's doing well. So is COP.

Picked up some JNK.

Got PSEC anyone else got it?

Who else has NYMT?? What do you think of it??

Great new video is out.

5 thumbs up.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

http://ciovaccocapital.com/wordpress/index.php/stock-market-us/stocks-bullish-but-vulnerable/

Yea, the new divergence is the NYSE advance decline line and all it's variants(Bolton Tremblay) has made a new high while the SP500/Dow/Russel 2000/Dow Trans etc. has not. Tops usually occur when the opposite divergence occurs. In addition, slight divergence has showed up this week in junk debt vs treasuries; still no huge divergence in 30 year treasuries vs stocks; the rush into bonds occurred about 6 months before stocks peaked in 2000 and 2007. I'm watching that one every week to see if it occurs. Treasuries have been doing well over the past few weeks; if they continue doing well or better, relative to stocks, while the stock indexes make one new push higher, that will catch my eye, especially considering the weak economic data that's come out over the last month.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pablo
I have been saying this for awhile guys!

Just stop buying China stuff, help WMT build manufacturing here!

thumbsup2.gif

Anyone buying LINE here?

I picked up 250, may sell for a quick profit, hold for some dividend, or sell some shares I bought at higher prices in the past. Seems like a weak quarter is expected, but also looked like it was oversold at $28.85.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Anyone buying LINE here?

I picked up 250, may sell for a quick profit, hold for some dividend, or sell some shares I bought at higher prices in the past. Seems like a weak quarter is expected, but also looked like it was oversold at $28.85.

I rolled in and out of it.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Anyone buying LINE here?

I'll buy a bunch more LNCO today if I can get a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back