Using Liqui Moly in Snowmachine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, new here so hello all.

I have a yamaha nytro 4 stroke, changing oil and was wondering if It would be ok to use a little ceratec with the amsoil I will be tossing in, and how much should I use...I use a full can in my truck which takes 5.5 litres..it is a 2012 Dodge Hemi.

Thanks

How much oil does it hold. If the ceratec is good for 5 litres then just fraction off that.
I use ceratec in every engine I own. Except my shared sump bikes. Its a friction modifier so it may affect clutches.
If your sleds engine oil is just for the engine I say go for it.

ya its just for the oil....and i am hoping to accomplish less wear! I have mods done and running a programmer, its pushing about a 170 hp so obviously I want more protection for the crank and metal to metal parts. Hope to see more longevity to the motor, and I would think this would be a great application considering the stresses a Snowmobile motor can endure

Liqui-moly is a great company that makes oils and additives that perform exactly as advertised. I use their products,ceratec,mos2 and motor oil saver all the time. They are the only additives I'll add to my oil.
I say go for it. I've used and continue using their products because they perform as advertised.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Liqui-moly is a great company that makes oils and additives that perform exactly as advertised. I use their products,ceratec,mos2 and motor oil saver all the time. They are the only additives I'll add to my oil.
I say go for it. I've used and continue using their products because they perform as advertised.

Ive used it in my hemi....it has never ran better, never gotten better gas milage, and the mds works smoother, sooner and quieter. All in all just made everything operate SMOOT

Originally Posted By: domer10

Ive used it in my hemi....it has never ran better, never gotten better gas milage, and the mds works smoother, sooner and quieter. All in all just made everything operate SMOOT

I have to agree. I had an 04 ram quad cab 4x4. With cera tec and mos2 that truck routinely got 20mpg on the highway with 4x4 engaged using winter fuel,and a non mds engine.
I've got a thread here where I tested my 06 charger and its fuel economy. I tracked it 3000 miles with just M1 5w-20,then 10000 miles with m1 5w-20 and mos2.
I gained 3-4 mpg consistently and I even managed 30+mpg on the highway with mds engaged and no wind.
After my mos2 testing I treated my charger with ceratec. The past 2 oil changes have been just oil and I've lost 2-3 mpg but I'm assuming its due to winter fuel.
I'm going to add ceratec to my next oil change this spring since its going to be near 20000 miles since its last treatment.
I'm sold on liqui-moly and all of their products. I don't even argue with the guys who've never used it but call it snake oil. It's not worth wasting my time fighting. Those of us who've used it know it works. It's just that simple.

Originally Posted By: domer10

I have to agree. I had an 04 ram quad cab 4x4. With cera tec and mos2 that truck routinely got 20mpg on the highway with 4x4 engaged using winter fuel,and a non mds engine.
I've got a thread here where I tested my 06 charger and its fuel economy. I tracked it 3000 miles with just M1 5w-20,then 10000 miles with m1 5w-20 and mos2.
I gained 3-4 mpg consistently and I even managed 30+mpg on the highway with mds engaged and no wind.
After my mos2 testing I treated my charger with ceratec. The past 2 oil changes have been just oil and I've lost 2-3 mpg but I'm assuming its due to winter fuel.
I'm going to add ceratec to my next oil change this spring since its going to be near 20000 miles since its last treatment.
I'm sold on liqui-moly and all of their products. I don't even argue with the guys who've never used it but call it snake oil. It's not worth wasting my time fighting. Those of us who've used it know it works. It's just that simple.

I use M1 5 20 in mine, before i switched to 91 octane with regular winter gas I was doing 18.5/19 per 100k, switched to 91 in winter dropped down to 16/16.5 per 100k added ceratec last week has dropped down to 15.6 and counting, all same driving in town same style and habit, i made sure of this. Along with all the other benefits....I am most def sold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back