Automotive Confession

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find myself attracted to the Jaguar X-Type. It looks like a 3/4 scale XJ. Despite its humble Mondeo underpinnings, I find it to be a nice looking car. I'd consider buying one as a winter beater if thoughts of owning a ~10 year old British car in fly-over country didn't induce facial twitching and hand tremors.

I've also always wanted a Pontiac Aztek, preferably in yellow. It's a hideous car, but it's so ugly it's cool. I was sad when Walter White sold his.

Share your confessions.

I wanted to put a torquey Japanese turbo-4 or modern V6 into a large American land yacht or full-sized van (preferably short wheelbase) and have wanted to for a long time- but the auto industry started downsizing-turbo engines in larger cars from the factory, so that dream is kind of diluted and played out now.

Still want to own a large American land yacht at some point like a Town Car or Roadmaster (wagon). Oh man, I'd LOVE to own a Roadmaster Wagon just to experience the dying breed of large luxury super smooth sedate rides with lots of room. If I could still find an old Olds or Buick or '77 Impala, Laurentian, Ninety-Eight or any pre 1990 RWD large American car I'd be on it.

Failing the older models, maybe a Park Avenue or 929 Serenia (RWD) or 1UZ LS400

I wanted to buy a robust aftermarket transmission (Jasper, Willow Creek) and install it myself in my wife's 2001 Odyssey when the most recent rebuild failed last week.

She won out and got a CPO Accord instead.

Last edited:
Every time I work on my project Bronco or spend more money on parts, I fear the body rot may be too extensive and this truck may not be worth fixing. As soon as I get the suspension done, it's off to the body shop for the verdict.
eek.gif

If it's too late for body shop repair I'd run it till it fails inspection or is unsafe to drive.

I want to put a Cummins 4BT in a Toyota Tacoma. I don't have the mechanical ability or patience, but it would be neat.

I'd like to import a totaled VW Lupo Diesel and build a 100mpg+
Reverse Trike.
Just for the heck of it.

Originally Posted By: strat81
. . . I've also always wanted a Pontiac Aztek, preferably in yellow. It's a hideous car, but it's so ugly it's cool. I was sad when Walter White sold his.

Share your confessions.

"Hey, Mr. White! Get yourself a real car, yo!"

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
I want a car so powerful that it guarantees instant death to anybody that dares to floor the accelerator.

I want a Viper also.

There was a time when I thought little British sports cars' reputation for leaking oil, intermittent electrical systems, and the need to have a AAA membership gave them character.

I find myself attracted to the Jaguar X-Type. It looks like a 3/4 scale XJ. Despite its humble Mondeo underpinnings, I find it to be a nice looking car. I'd consider buying one as a winter beater if thoughts of owning a ~10 year old British car in fly-over country didn't induce facial twitching and hand tremors.

I love the wagons, you could even get one with a manual trans...

As a former Contour enthusiast, I admit the X-Type does call my name from time to time as well.

I've also always wanted a Pontiac Aztek, preferably in yellow. It's a hideous car, but it's so ugly it's cool. I was sad when Walter White sold his.

Share your confessions.

Originally Posted By: jrustles
Still want to own a large American land yacht at some point like a Town Car or Roadmaster (wagon). Oh man, I'd LOVE to own a Roadmaster Wagon just to experience the dying breed of large luxury super smooth sedate rides with lots of room. If I could still find an old Olds or Buick or '77 Impala, Laurentian, Ninety-Eight or any pre 1990 RWD large American car I'd be on it.

I want a ~2004 Town Car. I'm in my thirties.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back