2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara - Reliability

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.7 auto trans [2007] Suzuki since 2006 have solid mech. lifters ,heard a lot of bad feedback with the lifter adjustment maintenance [very expensive] i know Suzuki has stopped selling in the USA and now also in Canada ..my main concern is with the lifters ????

thanks for looking ...

millions of Toyota 2azfe in camry and rav4 and scion have "non-adjustable" SUB tappets. If your oil isnt flowing to the head on a cold start ( or has poor cold AW properties) you may get wear, but OTW they should last the service life of the engine. My Toyota 05 rav got sloppy running SM oil at 55K miles and they ( Toyota Service) wanted $870 to reshim them as the cam box and front timing cover has to come apart.

How many miles do you have? I would think your good to 150K if the owner used a proper oil.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
millions of Toyota 2azfe in camry and rav4 and scion have "non-adjustable" SUB tappets. If your oil isnt flowing to the head on a cold start ( or has poor cold AW properties) you may get wear, but OTW they should last the service life of the engine. My Toyota 05 rav got sloppy running SM oil at 55K miles and they ( Toyota Service) wanted $870 to reshim them as the cam box and front timing cover has to come apart.

How many miles do you have? I would think your good to 150K if the owner used a proper oil.

My 2008 Rav4 2azfe has 83000 miles...purrs like a kitten because it has had 5w20 PP or QSUD all its life with 5000 OCI. Those tappets will go a very long time if you use syn oil.

My brother has 220K on his '03 Tracker and has never touched the engine.
My wife and I had a '98 Tracker that had filters and oil changes and ran pisah with 87K miles until I was T boned at a stop sign by a Saab @ 50MPH. Drove it home.
I had a '89 Sidekick bought new and racked up 240K miles before passing it to my brother who racked up another 100K (and then bought the '03).

I would get another 'Zuki in a heartbeat. Great engines, just wash the underside after winter.

Originally Posted By: Doog
My 2008 Rav4 2azfe has 83000 miles...purrs like a kitten because it has had 5w20 PP or QSUD all its life with 5000 OCI. Those tappets will go a very long time if you use syn oil.

It would purr like a kitten regardless of oil at 5K intervals. Just saying.

Why did these solid lifter setups work so few lifter adjustments, while "classic" setups seem to need to have the valves run more often? Is it really just due to better oils today?

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
My brother has 220K on his '03 Tracker and has never touched the engine.
My wife and I had a '98 Tracker that had filters and oil changes and ran pisah with 87K miles until I was T boned at a stop sign by a Saab @ 50MPH. Drove it home.
I had a '89 Sidekick bought new and racked up 240K miles before passing it to my brother who racked up another 100K (and then bought the '03).

I would get another 'Zuki in a heartbeat. Great engines, just wash the underside after winter.

suzuki started with solid lifters on 2006 mod and up ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back