Pennzoil Platinum Plus Used in World Speed Record

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hennessey Venom GT hit a world speed record for a production car of 270.49 MPH at the NASA shuttle landing strip in Florida. A co-sponsored for the run was Pennzoil Platinum Plus, which was used as the oil for the car. The previous speed record holder was the Bugatti Veyron SS, which went 267.857 MPH.

You can watch the run here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWAavCjVQvM

How do you like your Focus?

I have the exact same car (07, ZX4 SES with auto and about 70k miles.)

What kind of engine and tranny fluid are you running?

Originally Posted By: Hyde244

3U2qMH1.png

I wonder what oil the cars going 283 mph in a standing mile are running. The Veyron takes like 5.5 miles to reach its top speed, doubt the Hennessey GT is much different.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Wonder how many Viper owners he had to screw over to pay for that thing.

It would be a cold day in (bad place) before I took anything to him.

But he has a reputation for bringing serious horsepressure to the table.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ramblejam

3U2qMH1.png

I noticed that too. Must be the new Platinum in the Ultra bottle.
33.gif

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam

3U2qMH1.png

Huh, good catch. I saw the word Platinum in the new writing and must have assumed it was the new PPP stuff.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
How do you like your Focus?

I have the exact same car (07, ZX4 SES with auto and about 70k miles.)

What kind of engine and tranny fluid are you running?

Love every day with the Focus. Fluids are in my sig: Edge with Titanium 0w20 and Castrol Mercon V.

Sorry, I couldn't really see the writing in blue, since my setup is dark.

Any additional valvetrain noise with the 0w20? what's your OCI for the engine oil and trans oil? what method do you use for changing the Mercon V? what oil filter are you using?

I've just been running 5w20 conventional in my Focus...seems to like it. I found the Puro classic filters at WM for a mere 3 bucks! cant' get much better than that!!

The local WM didn't have any Mercon V in the Supertech brand, so I took a chance with some Mercon stuff. From my research on the internet, the only difference is that the V is synthetic.

As a result I purchased a few bottles of the Mercon V Supertech in the Washinton store. Haven't installed any yet, but the car seems pretty happy with the regular Mercon.

I'm pulling the old ATF with a fluid extractor. I get out about 3 litres at a time. Seems good enough. I use the same method for pulling the engine oil.

Have you ever needed to change the motor mount? from what I've heard they seem like a common problem, causing excessive motor vibration.

Any repairs/general maint. you've had to do?
For me, I've only had to replace the rear shock mounts. Seems like the valve cover gasket seems like a common problem on them too

Aside from that, she's been bullit-proof! a heck of a lot simpler than my old 88 3 series BMW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back