Which 2014 cars are without VVT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: Digital2k2
Why would VVT be of concern to you? What type of car are you thinking of getting? Midsize, compact, 4 or 2 door, etc?

Unnecessary complexity is the concern I have. I'm not looking for a new car for myself. I was just curious if it's possible to get a new car without VVT if someone wanted to. The kind of cars I find appealing is the Lexus ES350, Infinity G37, BMW 535, and cars along those lines.

So you want unnecessary complexity, yet you are interested in luxury brands? I'm having a hard time believing you're serious.

LOL

Very good point. You will have alot more issues with everything but vvt on a luxury car.

I dont have any issues??

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
^^^And it is unlikely you ever will. High mileage Lexii are common and tend to go a long time for sure!

Thanks Steve. Now my wife`s car...... All I know is when a Benz gets old they are a PITA. Although I do believe these newer ones may be better.

Originally Posted By: Digital2k2
Originally Posted By: Spazdog
Volkswagen Jetta S 2 point slow. SOHC 8 valve. No bells, no whistles, same 115 hp it's been for years.

That's all I got. Can't think of anything else

I looked through midsize cars on edmunds and almost clicked on the Jetta, just thinking they are normally pretty sparse of anything, but didn't. This must be the only midsize fairly basic engine available new... well it's not quite 3k lbs, but I still wouldn't call it a compact.

Looking at what others are paying for the base 5spd Jetta in my area, looks like it's running around 14.7k. Not too bad. I wonder how reliable it would be?

In spite of the fact that it is underpowered and is difficult to change plugs on, it is still on the short list. I don't have a good reason why. Just appeals to me more than a Versa and a little more than a Cruze LS.

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
laugh.gif

4 350s: Chevrolet (L), Pontiac (P), Buick (X), and Olds (R)
all unique engines. Maybe worse than Ford having 3 351s and a 352. AMC and Chrysler? You get a 360 or a 360. (Also different engines)

Chrysler had (not all at the same time): a 361 big block, the 360/5.9 Magnum smallblock with a longer stroke and lower redline than the 361 big block, and the inherited AMC 360. The only overlap was maybe 1 year before they dropped the AMC 360, but they actually kept the AMC valvetrain design and used that with the Chrysler 360 short block and modified (raised ports and stud mounted AMC rockers) Chrysler 360 heads to create the 5.9 Magnum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back