2014 Camry 2.5L, 9925 miles, 0W20 Factory Fill

Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn't exactly TGMO.

What it is, I suspect, is Mobil Super 0W-20, Mobil less-expensive syn oil. We know Mobil makes the FF for Toyota, so they are using a lower-cost option for the FF.

We know this because Mobil Super uses Ti in it's add pack, we've seen this in VOA's.

I searched for a VOA for mobil super synthetic 0w20 voa and the closest I got was for a 5w20. Do you have a link?

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
What amazes me is that his Moly is 160something and my UOA on the same oil but with 1/3 as many miles came back with Moly of 54.

Thanks for sharing. I just sent in my 2013 Camry 2.5L TGMO 0W-20 for analysis and expect test results back in about a week.

Was this on your Corolla or Camry?

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...-20#Post3289770

Was this on your Corolla or Camry?

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...-20#Post3289770 [/quote]

My New Camry.... Well actually my new Corolla also. Both had Moly of 54 to 44 range after many less miles on the oil than the OP's. Like 1/3 the miles for my Camry oil and 1/9 the mile on the Corolla oil. And both of mine were not factory fills as the OP's was. These were TGMO second and third fills, again, with many less miles on the oil. Could he have had SM rated TGMO for his factory fill? Can't understand how my Moly was lower .

Could he have had SM rated TGMO for his factory fill? Can't understand how my Moly was lower .

My vehicle was built in August 2013 so I would say it's unlikely the factory had inventory of SM then.

Our usage patterns are very different. My usage is almost all highway miles with little warm up. Your's see extensive warm up and more city/rural usage.

It's still surprising however that TBN can be so low in one and Moly has taken such a hit.

What's your plan?

No plan other than frequent oil changes. Blackstone mentioned all was goin great. Perhaps they know something about the motors as they break in, eating up the TBN and Moly? They expressed no concern in their narrative report heading box.

I guess my plan also includes 'watch'. As in pay for another UOA in the next two oil changes to see if the Moly and TBN are still being eaten (down).

I'd be interested in seeing a UOA of your use when temperatures rise and you're not warming up the vehicle(s) as much.

Last edited:
It is great to see this report. My wife now drives a 2014 Camry 4 cylinder and I just changed the oil at 5K and sending in the sample tomorrow to Blackstone. I will then have Toyota change at 10K and 20K...I wonder if I can get the oil sample when the dealer changes it....

I put Mobil 1 OW-20 in as the replacement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back