SIRIUS Radio Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed the air filter the other day and did not get the MAF connector plugged in tight. Car bucked and a CEL came on. Code was for the MAF, plugged it in tight and reset the CEL code. Every thing (engine wise) is fine. Today tried the SIRIUS radio, the stations illuminate on the radio but no sound. Need help diagnosing the problem.

Are you implying the two are related?

If so, perhaps you've caused sons funky electrical transients?

might help if you listed the car?

does it have an amp for the radio?

did you check fuses?

You may need to have a reactivation signal sent to the radio, move it outside of a garage if it's inside. Here is a link how to do it.

https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4020/~/how-do-i-send-a-refresh-signal-to-my-radio%3F

2009Edge said:
I changed the air filter the other day and did not get the MAF connector plugged in tight. Car bucked and a CEL came on. Code was for the MAF, plugged it in tight and reset the CEL code. Every thing (engine wise) is fine. Today tried the SIRIUS radio, the stations illuminate on the radio but no sound.

One AM preset works, has sound but not real clear. Two other AM presets have static. Checked all fuses and all are good. The CD player has sound.

Need help diagnosing the problem.

2009 Edge SEL

PROBLEM SOLVED

Did a hard reset, disconnected the battery for about 1.5 hours, reconnected, and low and behold the radio works like new now.

Thanks to all who had suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back